Android Ultra Phone Messaging has stopped
aksl355

I have had the android ultra phone for almost a year now.  I frequently have it show a number next to text message icon when there are not any unread messages.. Usually turning the phone off and then back on fixes this.  Now it will not allow me to send or receive ANY text messages at all.  It says "Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped" 

This is very frustrating!  How do I fix this?  I have tried rebooting in safe mode, turning phone off and on as well as clearing data and cache in settings.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Android Ultra Phone Messaging has stopped
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aksl355

I completely understand how important it is to stay connected with your messages! I'm so sorry this hasn't been the case for your recently. Based on the error message your receiving, I do recommend performing a Master Reset to erase all messages and improve your experience. Please make sure you backup your important information (ie contacts, photos, etc.) before performing the reset. Since messages need to be deleted to provide a resolution, plesae do not choose to restore any backed up messge information.

Here's how to perform the master reset: http://vz.to/1hzA1YM

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Android Ultra Phone Messaging has stopped
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aksl355

I completely understand how important it is to stay connected with your messages! I'm so sorry this hasn't been the case for your recently. Based on the error message your receiving, I do recommend performing a Master Reset to erase all messages and improve your experience. Please make sure you backup your important information (ie contacts, photos, etc.) before performing the reset. Since messages need to be deleted to provide a resolution, plesae do not choose to restore any backed up messge information.

Here's how to perform the master reset: http://vz.to/1hzA1YM

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes