Android OS Updates
AndroidDev
Enthusiast - Level 3

Could you please announce your Android update schedule, or tell us more about the current status of the updates?!, How long does it take to get tested and approved?!!! If you are working with the manufacturers on fixing some "bugs", it would be enough for me –and most of your loyal customers– to know about the current status and a proposed release date. Thank you!

Please do not give me inappropriate answers like "At this time there is no info on ..., but you can keep up with ... here http://bit.ly/n5snpq." If you do not know, who else will?!

On the other hand, as a great customer service, I (we) expect a response in a short time span, not to get no response at all !!!

Android Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Samsung Galaxy S4 and Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LG G2

Labels (1)
Re: Android OS Updates
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hound the manufacturers. The reps here won't know any sooner than the rest of the public.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

mha1204
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree just give us something.  It does not necessarily have to be the update but a time-frame of when the update is coming would be nice and not let us feel left out in the cold.

0 Likes
AndroidDev
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was blaming the manufacturers until they released the updates months ago (January - February). Moreover, Android developers released unified builds (e.g., CyanogenMod) for various variats (yes, one build for VZW, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint !). Now, Verizon is the sole party responsible for the delay. We must not fool ourselves like the people who support dictators in the third world. They are holding the updates for some unkown reason(s). It's very disappointing that they couldn't even give a satisfactory answer. This violates the fundamentals of Customer Service !!!

All I want is a transparent feedback: the current status and/or a proposed release date.

JGwiz
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon wants to make sure that all the bloatware/krapware they load onto this phone is firmly entwined into the operating system.  They don't want to impact hardware performance more than what will be tolerated, and they certainly don't want you to be able to uninstall any of said bloat and krap.

All that monkey business takes time! 

AndroidDev
Enthusiast - Level 3

They are most likely done with the "bloatware" since the release of HTC One Max KitKat update, and then S5. My feeling is that they intentionally hold the updates, for their benefit!

radar320
Contributor - Level 2

They withhold the update so people will buy the new phone models and be locked in to another 2 years of their deceptions and shoddy customer service. Plus with the new models coming out with the latest version of android, they don't have to spend as much time supporting the older phones.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

This might help..http://goo.gl/r4Lk9f

0 Likes
ryanbg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon is easily the worst carrier imaginable. I don't even know why I'm still a customer. In fact, I think I'll cancel my account and move to T-Mobile or Sprint TODAY. Not only do they release updates last (and too late,) they won't unlock my bootloader and let me do it myself. Pathetic. Every other carrier allows this. I'm just going to put my money where my mouth is and get out to a company that actually listens to its customers. Enough is enough. Who's with me?

0 Likes
AndroidDev
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can anyone confirm this?!

Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Due on May 2 for Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 !!!

http://www.android.gs/android-4-4-2-kitkat-update-to-roll-out-soon-for-verizon-samsung-galaxy-s4/

Verizon-Galaxy-S4-KitKat.jpg