Android App Crashes when Using Mobile Hotspot
JLSchutt

I have an Asus Transformer Prime tablet running Android 4.1, and I like to play Words with Friends on the tablet. I have played for many months on my home network with no problems whatsoever. Last week I was away from home, and for my Internet access I activated the Mobile Hotspot on my Droid RAZR MAXX HD phone, which also runs Android 4.1. For most applications - email, web browsing, and most other apps, the Mobile Hotspot worked just fine - the same way things work on my home network. But Words with Friends crashed every time I tried to use it. I sent a number of trouble reports to Zynga (the company that produced Words with Friends), thinking that a bad update to Words with Friends was causing the problem. However, when I returned home and back to my local network, Words with Friends worked perfectly once again, so I can only deduce that the problem resided with the Mobile Hotspot and not with the app itself. Is there any reason that most apps would run normally on the Mobile Hotspot but a few would not run correctly?

--Jim--

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Android App Crashes when Using Mobile Hotspot
pb_of_avl

I have a similar problem.  Words with friends on a windows 7 pc works fine connected to cable modem wifi, but when connected to verizon wireless mobile hot spot on a samsung phone, the words with friends application within facebook won't load (just in a normal google chrome browser window).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi pb_of_avi,

Word with Friends has been a great game to keep me sharp! Are you able to use the Words with Friends app of the device as normal? There are certain ports that may be restricted to protect the integrity of the network. This is not based on content or subject matter but the security of the network itself. Here is a link with some additional information regarding our Broadband Internet Access Services: http://support.verizonwireless.com/information/broadband.html

Thank you,

Yale_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
pb_of_avl

I guess the game developers need to do some rewrites then.

I've not installed the app on the phone. Didn't like how much info it

had access to.

Thanks for the reply.

Peter

0 Likes