Android 5.1 Update for Galaxy S5??
MattNC79
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has Verizon made any statement as to when the Lollipop 5.1 update will be made available for customers who have the Samsung Galaxy S5?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Android 5.1 Update for Galaxy S5??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates are exciting MattNC79. At this time we do not have any information regarding software release for Lollipop 5.1. However, you may register for alerts on new products and services by clicking, http://bit.ly/dDumph You may also visit, http://vz.to/14N84ef to check for updates on new software release for all devices.

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Verizon does not announce release dates of updates before hand.

MattNC79
Enthusiast - Level 2

After reading Verizon's press release this morning about Verizon doing away will all contracts and gong to a strictly month by month bases, I don't think they are going to be doing much more for me anymore.

Verizon Ditches Two-Year Phone Contracts and Unveils New Rate Plans - NBC News

How underhanded and disrespectful to their long term customers. 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

How are you tying the 5.1 update to changes in the plan line-up?  How does this change negatively affect you?

MattNC79
Enthusiast - Level 2

My original post was posted prior to me finding out about the plan changes.  I, since, the inception of the "EDGE" plan have thought that Verizon catered more to those customers than their contract customers.  They received much better data rates than two year subscribers.  And yes, the full price of the phone is spread out over the term but Verizon is quick to give them monthly credits to pretty much make up for the difference.   I realize it's about attracting new customers and I realize it's about a bottom line.  But don't walk all over your current contract customers to do it. However, I do pose this question.  With ushering out the old and implementing the new and doing away with getting phones at a contracted rate, since there will be no more contracts, and having to pay full retail price for new phones.  Please tell me that Verizon will now flash other CDMA phones so that they will run on the Verizon network.  Because the prior excuse of not doing that because Verizon would not be making any revenue off of those flashed phones is not going to fly any more. 

MattNC79
Enthusiast - Level 2

And to answer your question, I am just going through the phones setting and checking for a system update to see if the 5.1 update has been released.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I think it's more about streamlining the names, rates, and allotments.  Instead of spreading the cost of the subsidy contract over 24 months, the line charges are reduced by $20, the avg of the $15 and $25 discounts.  I'm not sure I like the sizes of allotments, especially for high data users though.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates are exciting MattNC79. At this time we do not have any information regarding software release for Lollipop 5.1. However, you may register for alerts on new products and services by clicking, http://bit.ly/dDumph You may also visit, http://vz.to/14N84ef to check for updates on new software release for all devices.

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes