Android 5.0 for note 4, really?
slowz3r
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is getting ridiculous VZW.  At least someone in public affairs give us a bone as a ballpark release date.  When every other carrier has begun pushing updates to there devices or other carries devices have the means to install the update themselves (ie unlockable bootloader)  Here we are , us Verizon Wireless users with this supposed "flagship device" still waiting on an update.

This is really the last straw for me.  I have never wanted to leave a provider for any reason but this update delay is ridiculous.

Tell us something.  Give some idea. Most of the other carriers at least provide online status updates for there devices.  Don't even place this blame on Samsung.  This is solely on you Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Android 5.0 for note 4, really?
Not applicable

Which other carries have 5.0 on the Note 4?

0 Likes
slowz3r
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sprint officially  and att and tmobile  have unofficial means

0 Likes
Not applicable

Unofficial doesn't mean squat. so Verizon had the S5 update out first. I'm sure at&t users were complaining about that. You're not missing anything. Chill. You device functions fine just like it always has since you got it.

stef7
Master - Level 2

There are a lot of people with the S5 that wish Lollipop hadn't been pushed on them and their devices.

Really.

Hopefully you won't experience a problem with the OTA when it's made available for your device.

Not applicable

No doubt. All these people whining about not having 5.0 will be the first one back here complaining about how Lollipop "ruined" their phones and how can they change back to KitKat. Lollipop is the best thing since sliced bread then Google will announce a new update then lollipop will magically be garbage to them.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

It's true. There's a segment of the population who can support themselves, specially if they encounter problems with the update, but there are others that just expect it to work out-of-the-box with no additional effort (which specially with a major update is about impossible). It's the latter I think that end up with missed expectations. When you've been dealing with Android for many years / many builds, you might wonder why the process doesn't slow WAY down.

I've got an LG G2 with KitKat and I get about 2.5 days use out of one charge, and everything is solid, except the occasional "contacts has stopped" message, or the additional effort using the BT dialer. But I'm wondering, WHAT exactly in Lollipop is going to make my device better?

If I really wanted bleeding edge, I guess I'd have a Nexus. And if I wanted to experiment with builds, well, there's a place for that in other support forums on other sites.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

LG G2 running 4.4.2 with no issues.  Will wait until I see more input on these forums before I update when it comes along.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I think Google would be doing everyone a huge favor if they would update every other year. Windows on PC has had what 8 OS updates in the last 20 years. Just like these companies that need to release a phone version every year. Yeah sure maybe before there was enough improvement form one year to the next, but now? Any reason why a Galaxy S6 or iPhone 6 or Nexus 6 or LG G4 won't be very capable 5 years from now?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

There's a difference between releasing a new version of a phone (LG G2,3,4) and a new release of an operating system (Jelly Bean, KitKat, Lollipop) and some phones have new hardware and the OS needs updating to take advantage of those features as well as the fact that technology and software change all the time and people find new ways to implement those technologies.

0 Likes