Android 5.0 Problem
SeriousZ

I installed the most recent Android update to lollipop and I'm having problems with my phone now. I have a galaxy s4 if that matters.

I am no longer getting any notification tones for email and only occasionally for text messages. I do not have the Do Not Disturb function turned on and I have set the emailand messages as a priority in the sound in notifications set up screen.

any guidance would be greatly appreciated

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Android 5.0 Problem
seadooman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issues along with s-voice will not tell me when a text comes in. Found out you can't go back after accepting an OTA.

klstrphk1204
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also am having this problem. Any suggestions on solution?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi klstrphk1204

Let's see if we can get that fixed for you. You'd want to also try going into Settings > Sound & Notification > Applications Notifications, as that is going to allow control of notifications at a per app level. You may also want to check settings for Notification Access which is on that same screen. Let us know if that helps.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
bobha
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issues here after the Lollipop update. Sounds come on occasionally and using the new 'Interruptions' instead of Do Not Disturb the phone goes to vibrate mode half the time instead of going back to sounds. I did a factory reset with no luck to fix any problems. I came to these forums to find answers and all I am seeing is problems with the Lollipop update and no patches rolling out soon or the inability to roll back to the last 'reliable' update. My phone was perfect until 2 weeks ago, since Lollipop either sound issues or battery life constantly plague it.

0 Likes
klstrphk1204
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ended up going to our Verizon  store and he called samsung. Talked to a rep. They stated it's the old software fighting the new lollipop 5.0. He had to delete old software .

0 Likes