Android 2.2 Release
KurtPop

When can VZW Motorola Droid users expect to see Android 2.2 released to their phones?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Android 2.2 Release
hellorockview
Enthusiast - Level 3

As of right now, there is no set release date for 2.2 on the Motorola Droid.

I have read on some forums that Google and Motorola have stated the Nexus One and the Motorola Droid will be the first phones to receive the update though. I'm not sure how accurate that is. However, the Nexus One started receiving the update a few weeks ago.

Most of the rumors going around say the update will be released sometime this month, but Motorola has only confirmed we will be receiving the update in the "near future."

0 Likes
KurtPop

Thanks for the reply.  We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed that the update comes real soon.  I also hope that Verizon does not find a way to disable the Wireless teathering.

0 Likes
RAYMON
Enthusiast - Level 1

What is   "Wireless teathering" ?

0 Likes
Kirru

It means you can use your phone as a wireless modem for you laptop.  Just like their USB network cards that are available.

0 Likes
hellorockview
Enthusiast - Level 3

KurtPop wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed that the update comes real soon.  I also hope that Verizon does not find a way to disable the Wireless teathering.

Agreed.

Hopefully we will get the update this month. I would hate waiting again like we had to for 2.1.

0 Likes
booker5m

wILL 2.2 included flash player. They can keep the skype give me the player!

0 Likes
booker5m

Any word on the droid flash player?

0 Likes