Android 2.1 and LG's Ally
tt1080i
Contributor - Level 1
Android 2.1 and the LG Ally has truly unleashed the power of Verizon's 3G network.
The internet and everything associated with it is a fingertip away. Blazing fast speeds.
What is impotent for me is a phone with a qwerty keyboard, Android 2.1 and that fits in my pocket nicely.
Android freed me from being stuck with a phone with propriety software, only a few widgets
that weren't upgradable. Lock ups, incompatibilities and really nothing upgradable about the phone.
And a less than stellar web experience. So essentially I was stuck in my Verizon experience.
Now my phone is dynamic, ever changing, totally customizable.
I read a few reviews prior to my purchase and some were speculating that the Ally 600 MHz processor wasn't
powerful enough for 2.1. Well I'm here to tell you it is. I am not waiting around for anything to load.
No lockups or problems of any kind. The phone quality is excellent. And the best part is....
What ever I want to do... there is an app for that.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Android 2.1 and LG's Ally
cmptrsue

I've had my LG Ally about 2 weeks and love it. The only issue I have is the battery life and I just keep an eye on it and charge when needed. I have a car charger in my car. I previously had the Blackberry Storm which I hated. I am ecstatic with the actual keyboard (I could never really get the hang of the touch screen keyboard) and the Internet response, even with the 3G (I keep the WIFI turned off in order to conserve the battery), is lightening fast compared to the Blackberry service. I have been a Google user for a while, gmail, calendar, Google Docs, so I love the Android compatibility.

0 Likes