Android 2.1: How It'll Change Your Phone
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

I don't think this has been posted here before. It's an article from PC World that summarizes much of what we already know. It also contains a link to a tips and tricks article.

Google's Android 2.1: How It'll Change Your Phone

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Android 2.1: How It'll Change Your Phone
cooled209
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, nice article.

0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2
+1! Of course now you're just gonna incite a feeding frenzy with this. I know I'm more anxious already! Kudos to you! D Dave
0 Likes
truelove79
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the Eris.  When 2.1 hits the Eris, for the first time the stock Android interface will look nicer than Sense.  I have a feeling HTC is going to strip out all the nice stuff in 2.1 (the 3D gallery, the rolling app menu, etc) and make Sense look the same on 2.1 as it does on 1.5.  Oh well, assuming the Eris can even handle all those fancy graphics (I doubt it) I will be using home switcher to bypass Sense and run stock 2.1 on my Eris.  I've seen 2.1 on the Nexus and it looks amazing, much better than 1.5 sense.  I really hope HTC doesn't screw it up and just shoehorn Sense onto 2.1 without changing anything.

0 Likes
Ucit71

They (Verizon) are testing 2.1 right now.

0 Likes
black743
Contributor - Level 1

Oh and it gets better.  Google rolled out an update today to the Nexus phones....now 2.1 also includes Multi-Touch among other things.

0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2

black743 wrote:

Oh and it gets better.  Google rolled out an update today to the Nexus phones....now 2.1 also includes Multi-Touch among other things.

I guess we Eris folks are spoiled since we've already got it.  :smileyhappy:   And seven home screens.  :smileywink:

0 Likes