Ally update available
tt1080i
Contributor - Level 1

Not that I was looking for 1 because I have zero issues with my phone except internal system memory.

But applying now.

I hope it is beneficial.

Now at software ver vs740zv8

firmware ver still at 2.1- update 1

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ally update available
tt1080i
Contributor - Level 1

it appears to about doubled available system memory,

perfect!!

0 Likes
Lovelilady

When I check for system updates, it says "your system is currently up to date", but I have version VS740ZV6.  Is there a different way to update other than pressing the System updates bar?

0 Likes
tt1080i
Contributor - Level 1

hi... I wouldn't go anywhere else for any updates.

I went looking through the phone for some sort of system log to see exactly waht was done.

I did not find any update history or any thing.

it was an update.. Iwatched update reboot and apply the update. And that is all I know

0 Likes
tt1080i
Contributor - Level 1

this is from LG's official forum........

---------------

LG Product ProUser is Online
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
19 Jul 2010 10:32 AM 

Posted By jjfalconer on 19 Jul 2010 10:26 AM

Posted By jjfalconer on 19 Jul 2010 10:18 AM
Just installed an OTA update -- it was not Android 2.2 but it was the Ver9 patch
Now the Sync with Exchange Calendar works though a new App called Corporate Calendar.
With this update I'm very happy with the phone -- Android 2.2 would be great but at least this patch fixed the calendar issue.

Maybe it was not the V9 Patch as the Ver shows VS740ZV8 Build ERE27, But at least the Exchange Calendar now works

There was a Ver 8 update that was available for a brief period, but they pulled that back in favor of a new release that covers additional items... I'll let everyone know as soon as I hear on the status of a new Version

--------------

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the Ally going to get 2.2?

0 Likes
bearx16
Contributor - Level 1

My phone just updated this morning and it was v8.  It seems to have increased the load speed of the stock browser and maybe decreased the lagtime on apps a little.  Lagtime has not been a problem for me anyway.  I'm old and slow and speed was just right for me.

2.2 I had a computer chat with an LG rep and according to that chat the ally is not likely to get 2.2, seems there probably need a hardware update for 2.2,  I like the ally and can wait till my next update as all I am looking for is for flash to work on the browser and the ability to save apps to the SD card, I have all the apps I need to survive so I can wait for a while.  Maybe LG will eventually make a real droid phone.

0 Likes