Re: Ally release Date?
bigpapa7272

I was browsing some android sites today and saw a post that the reason for the delay was hardware related, they recalled all the units because of  something about the original touchscreens not being responsive enough.  Apparently the problem has been fixed and the newer screens are more responsive and over all the phone is more too because of it ,  so im crossing my fingers for a fedex guy to be at my house on the 27th.

0 Likes
Exidose
See, if this is correct I would have A) figured it would have come up more in reviews where most people didn't seem to have any problem with the touch screen and B) Verizon could have simply stated that a recall is the reason for the delay. Instead, Verizon stated it was to extend the pre-order. I personally have no problem with them delaying release so that the phone can be better, but I do wonder if it would take them until the phone's release to do touch ups on the phone on something that would be hopefully rigorously tested long before the date was announced.
0 Likes
grundy

So friends, I worked for a Verizon nerd today. He said his store has them. There are plenty. So why the hold up!?!?!?

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

grundy wrote:

So friends, I worked for a Verizon nerd today. He said his store has them. There are plenty. So why the hold up!?!?!?

Did the guy physically show you the device?

0 Likes
grundy

Today the guys at my Midvale Utah location showed me the phone, let me play around with it and check internet speeds. This is a great phone! It rivals the incredible as far as usability and yeah a little slower but really who has a stop watch and a speed check. It works very well. Also if there is an opportunity for a good froyo download or firmware we will all be in gravy-town!

Fact is guys like me don't care AT ALL about how "sexy" a phone is. It is about practical usability and over all fun. This phone is built like a tank, weighs great, tempered glass screen and soft rubber back. It runs all droid apps. Kicks ass! 

0 Likes
bigpapa7272

did you ask the most important question:  is the phone still on schedule for release this thursday???

0 Likes
Chanton

My credit card was just charged and my order status changed to "Order Status: Your order has been processed and will be shipped based on inventory availability and shipping method. You will receive shipment notification and tracking details via email."

So, if they charged me, that has to be a good sign.

0 Likes
bigpapa7272

same status  here im getting excited  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
grundy

Yeah I asked! That goes without sayin bra!

0 Likes
mh274

My pre-order was shipped today!  Will have it tommorow (27th) :smileyhappy:

0 Likes