Re: Ally release Date?
RavenMad

Are you kidding me,

Got the message today, 26th release date and 27th delivery date. You would think that if a large company set a release date with pre-orders being taken, they would already have the devices ready to send before that date. Now Verizon has changed their dates and made some unhappy consumers.

I for one had to change my plan from the national premium to the national plan with a data package just to order Ally. Now instead of not having access to all the options on the premium plan in exchange for a Android phone in 5 days, that will be able to do more then what could be done with my LG Dare. I am now without the services I have come to rely on from Verizon for almost 2 weeks or more.

So someone at Verizon messed up, now the we have to suffer and of course no one at customer service will give you a straight answer or offer a way to resolve any issues with the delay. Way to drop the ball.

0 Likes
bigpapa7272

well I had a feeling this was coming,   UGGH  BLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

Verizon Drops the Ball again,  i love how they term it extend the preorder period but dont tell us what the real problem was.  got all my Ally Accessories today from the fedex guy got to talkin to him for a hot minute i told him it its all the accessories for my new phone that verizon  still hasnt released yet.  figures i dump 100 bucks on accessories and dont have a a phone to use them with :smileysad:

why would you release accessories before the phone even hits the street how **bleep** is that?

0 Likes
Lilly085

I am sooo mad!!! UGH!!! I can't believe them. They are supposed to be a "reliable" company. My voyager is broken and I am waiting for this phone now. I was so excited to be getting it tomorrow... BUT NOoooo.... Today, they decide to send that e-mail. WTH. 

0 Likes
bigpapa7272

i think everyone who preordered this phone and didnt get it should get a 25 dollar credit on next bill for the inconveince.  the droid incredible people who are still waiting should get the same.  it would be a nice good faith gesture  on verizon's part

0 Likes
galerie

Chanton... no that excuse was for the Incredible, but it doesn't matter what phone, they use the same excuses  :smileymad:

0 Likes
tmanis0182

It's unfortunate that Verizon is allowing this to happen. I too pre-ordered the LG Ally, and with excitement & anticipation, got home from work yesterday, fired up the laptop, opened my email, hoping for a FedEx tracking number email, only to read a very disappointing excuse for poor business practices, with no actual reason for the delay.  I don't recall ever seeing any other comsumer product companies do this on the actual release date. And from what I am reading in these forums (and I have to admit this is my first post here) this is a common practice with Verizon?

I work for a very large corporation 30,000 + employees, that prides itself on quality, dependability and yes, customer satisfaction. Because a happy satisfied customer is a returning customer, who will promote and back a product or service. It is just my opinion, but a company like Verizon should go out of its way to do all it can to obtain the highest level of satisfaction from its customers. And that means keeping to advertised promise dates. It seams the powers that be may lean more towards the "everyone needs a phone, so we will get sales and contracts however we choose, no matter what", versus the concept of "making the customer happy, and they will bring us more customers". 

On the flip side, you will never, ever see Verizon send you a delayed email telling you your bill is due...

0 Likes
bigpapa7272

verizon always says "we never stop woring for you"  apparently they do when cant deliver on promises of delivery dates.

their new slogan should be   "we never stop working to make your phone buying experience a pain in the rear"

0 Likes
savagematt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah agreed this sucks lol.  I was thinkin I was gonna get my ally by friday so i sold my rogue on wed.  I have a five year old flip phone that I figured I would use for a couple of days and now i have to use it for a week lol.  Oh well I guess...  So everything I am hearing is that the phone will be launched on may the 27, in stores, online, and phone orders.  So I just got to make it till thurs with this dino phone HAHA!  But all the youtube reviews of the ally are looking excelent!!  As cool as the incredible and droid are they are not for everyone.  I for one need an actual keyboard, and the droid keyboard sucks imo.  I think they ally is also not for everyone but there are a lot of people that are going to want this phone.

0 Likes
grundy

It seems I am one of many who have been completely "bent over" by Verizon's issues. I have to  pay 2 cell bills instead of one. Transferring from my old provider and joining my wife's "family plan" wasn't the best idea I guess.  What really irritates me is that not one person at VZW can tell me anything relevant about what's going on. The email should have included a promo code for SOMETHING! Instead I spent about 3 hours on the phone and dealer to hear the same stuff. In fact folks I found out there will be a lot of pre orders that wont be shipped out until the 4th!  So we will all have to wait and then complain on the future droid forums. VZW needs to figure out what products they have ready and figure out how to treat customers.

0 Likes
bigpapa7272

hopefully ordering on the second day of the preorder will get me in the first shipment,  the battery life in my rogue is really ticking me off ive  got my ally extended battery sitting here in the packaging  just waiting to be used

0 Likes