Ally release Date?
bigpapa7272

So is the ally going to start shipping today may 20th or will it be delayed like the incredible   and play the waiting game?  I preordered on may 14th. 

I saw on ebay today where they were showing preorders already for june 3!

Can anyone let me know what's going on with the ally?  The suspense of waiting is killing me

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ally release Date?
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

I have a feeling that there will be a wait list indeed.

0 Likes
bigpapa7272

well reviews of the phone didnt hit the net til like the 15th so hopefully i beat the rush.

my order status this morning still says we are awaiting phone availibilty, sad thing is my accessories will be arriving today  before my new phone!   

i think you may be right about that waiting list since there the price point on the phone at full retail is dirt cheap at 369.99 for a slider android phone

0 Likes
gainesville
Enthusiast - Level 2

LG isnt being sued by Apple, probably doesnt use Samsung LCDs,  the floods in TN should be subsiding, first run orders shouldnt hit over 100k, and... let me see, did I miss any other excuses? ...Dont think so.

Yep, you should be good to go, I would order one. Good luck. However you may want to offer up something to the vaporware gods, you know, just in case......

0 Likes
galerie

ha,ha gainesville.  We must of talked to the same Rep, I got that answer too, the floods in TN were holding up shipment...that is incredible...:smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
Chanton
Galerie: Was that re: the Ally??
0 Likes
Exidose
I just got an e-mail stating that the pre-order period has been extended to the 26th, so I will receive on the 27th or later. A whole week (or more if more delays occur) that I have to wait for my phone :smileysad:.
0 Likes
gainesville
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tell ya,  the vaporware gods are angry with VZW

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

gainesville wrote:

LG isnt being sued by Apple, probably doesnt use Samsung LCDs,  the floods in TN should be subsiding, first run orders shouldnt hit over 100k, and... let me see, did I miss any other excuses? ...Dont think so.

Yep, you should be good to go, I would order one. Good luck. However you may want to offer up something to the vaporware gods, you know, just in case......

Oh yeah I forgot about Apple trying to sue HTC. That's why there is a delay?  

0 Likes
gainesville
Enthusiast - Level 2

That was one of the excuses offered by VZW.  I believe its the critical shortage of LEDS more than anything. ( I provided a link to an online article exposing the shortage in a previous post,  its still up)

Then again, it could be that someone at VZW really did tick off the vaporware gods.....stay tuned.

0 Likes