Ally and Skype
nothappyanymore

Recently I have been having to charge everyday because this Skype Mobile app keeps running in the background. I stop the app and go about my normal use. This has gone on for about 3 days now, well this morning the phone was dead. So to the charger it goes and sure enough the #%&*^!$ app is running again. So short of throwing the phone against the wall I stop the app again. How do I get it off the phone or atleast stop running?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ally and Skype
matchbook21

Good Luck with that and welcome to the water. It's warm isn't it?!

There is NO way to remove these apps. Verizon blames LG and LG blames Verizon and they both blame Google and Google is quiet.

My only advice- from my experience. Do a factory reset, and then get the Advanced Task Killer app. The reset made my phone way more responsive and really made a difference in performance. The battery is a little better since, but mostly I just kill the running apps often.

It sucks I know. We are all angry. Hang in there with us and continue posting your disgust on these boards so that Verizon might do something.

Good luck!

0 Likes
matchbook21

Your post prompted me to call LG and probe.

The gentleman that helped me was very kind, but also not too informed. He says that each call that comes in will become part of a petition to remove these apps, but that the update came from Verizon and they can do nothing at the time. He says with enough petitions to remove these apps, the next phone update would make it possible to remove the apps. Once again he has no idea when the next update would be because it is supposedly from Verizon.

I am going to call Verizon right now and see what they say :smileywink:

0 Likes
Electricity

I'd like to be on the petition too - I hate not being able to remove the apps.  Can you tell me what number you called for LG?

0 Likes
brookie

I use the App Killer for this too...

0 Likes