After last Android update, Battery drains every day !
DJCollett
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an LG G2 - VS980 4G LTE, Android Version 5.0.2.  Ever since the last android update, my battery drains every single day. It used to last several days - I would charge maybe once or twice a week. Now I have to plug in every single day. The phone is always shutting off, I am missing calls because it's dead more than alive. I've checked every setting possible, constantly clearing task manager, but nothing helps.  Very frustrating.  Anybody have any ideas at all? Do I need a new battery? What the heck is going on??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: After last Android update, Battery drains every day !
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DJCollett, this would frustrate me just as much. Especially if your battery used to last much longer. There may be some app or feature that may not be fully compatible with the new OS, and is causing things to run rampant in the background.

If you go to Settings>Battery>What services are constantly being accessed leading towards faster battery drainage? What are the top 5 and the percentage of use?

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DJCollett
Enthusiast - Level 2

SScreen 27% , Amazon 27% which I never use, cell standby 9, Facebook 7, android os 5. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DJCollett, we definitely want your device to last as long as it can. Let’s look into this more together. Is there any physical/liquid damage? If you do not use the Amazon application, we highly recommend to disable the application so you can preserve your battery life. Settings>Application Manager>All Tab>Amazon>Disable. Please test the device and let us know how it works.
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!