After 5.1 update, my LG G3 kicks me off WiFi at my own home but not anywhere else when I'm on Wifi.
mtbirch

I've done a lot of reading saying that people have encountered Wifi problems after the 5.1 update. My phone will kick me off Wifi at my own house but not anywhere else. When I'm at school, the Wifi works just fine. Before the update, I was never kicked off the Wifi at my house. After the update it only kicks me off for 3 or 4 seconds before reconnecting, but it's using my data doing that so I'm trying to fix it.

I've already tried factory resetting my phone, making sure Bluetooth is off, toggling Airplane mode on and off, switching the WiFi channel on our router, but it still continues to do this. I'm all out of ideas. Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: After 5.1 update, my LG G3 kicks me off WiFi at my own home but not anywhere else when I'm on Wifi.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, mtbirch. It is important to us we have you connected to wifi at your home at all times. I'm happy to assist you today.

It is very interesting that you are only having this problem a home. Are you connecting any other devices to the home wifi? Do they experience anything similar? Have you downloaded any new apps since the update? please provide a few additional details and I am confident that we will be able to solve this for you.
SteveR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: After 5.1 update, my LG G3 kicks me off WiFi at my own home but not anywhere else when I'm on Wifi.
mtbirch

My laptop and my iPad work just fine on the home WiFi. I have never experienced the same disconnection problems with those devices as I have with my LG G3. I also have 3 other roommates with iPhones and they have not had any problems with the Wi-Fi.

I have not downloaded any new apps since I updated to 5.1 about 2-3 weeks ago. I simply just did the update and noticed later that day that my phone was kicking me off the Wi-Fi for a few seconds and then coming back on. It's been doing it ever since.

0 Likes
mtbirch

I have downloaded MyBackUp Pro since the update to backup my data for a factory reset and a WiFi Analyzer to find a new WiFi channel but that was like last week and this problem has been going on for 2 or 3 weeks.

0 Likes