After 2.1 update Eris will not leave POP mail on server
lik2bik

I've seen some other posts on this, at least one of which said Verizon has acknowledged as a 2.1 issue - but it's not clear if any solution has yet been provided.

Since the 2.1 update, if I delete my Verizon e-mail on my Eris it's evidently deleting it from the server (even though I do not have the "Delete from Server" option checked under settings).  I have it set up as a POP account.

For getting my Verizon e-mail at home, I use Eudora (yea, old but I like it) and also set up as POP - where it is set to delete from the server.

Before the 2.1 update I could first get my Versizon e-mails on my Eris (say during the day at work) and delete them from my Eris(from both the Inbox and permanently from the Trash folder as well) and because it was left of the server, I could get all the same e-mails on my home PC when I got home  in the evening - but not now.  I have to leave them on my Eris until I can get them on my PC at home.

Any ideas on whether or not Verizon has a fix, will be providing a fix, etc?  And I've already done a hard reset to fix other buggy performance since the 2.1 update including the weather issue many folks were having.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: After 2.1 update Eris will not leave POP mail on server
broberts1313

I had this same problem with my droid Razr M.  My solution was to not use the easy setup script, but to manually set up my email account.  See http://www.cleardata-forensics.com/simplesolutions.html#droid  for details on setting up Hotmail on your droid.

0 Likes
Re: After 2.1 update Eris will not leave POP mail on server
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The original post is 2-1/2 years old; I'm sure they've figured out a solution by now.

0 Likes