Advanced Calling (HD) & Google Voice = No Voicemail Service
DerpedyDerp
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't get these two to work together.  I have been through it all.  Uninstalling Google Voice, reinstalling Google Voice, *71+number, *90+number, *92+number, entered call forwarding manually on the website.  No order of any of this gets it working.  I end up just getting a busy signal when my phone is supposed to go to voicemail with call forwarding on.  I'm not the only one with this problem either, but I have yet to see a real solution to this. 

Here's the other thing, disabling Advanced Calling on my phone and forwarding the number does not fix the problem.  I have to go to the Verizon website, remove Advanced Calling from my services and then forward the number and then it works again. 

So currently I can't use the Advanced Calling feature because it breaks Google Voice (and call forwarding?). 

From what I can gather, something is messed up with the way call forwarding is set up when Advanced Calling is turned on.  It's something on the Verizon end, I've been told.  Is there a fix for this?

LG G3

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Advanced Calling (HD) & Google Voice = No Voicemail Service
rcschnoor
Legend

I was having a problem with this, too. I typed *73 to cancel the forwarding and then *71 + number again and it works fine now.Smiley Happy

Of course, it is *71 + the number Google Voice tells you to forward to.

0 Likes
DerpedyDerp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I do know it is *71+Google Voice Number.  I have also tried *73 to no avail.  I was watching another thread in which another Verizon customer is having this issue.  I know not everyone is having it.  They apparently have escalated it to another tier and have discovered it is an issue on Verizon's end.  Anyone from Verizon watch these threads?

DerpedyDerp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Guess that's a big fat no.

DerpedyDerp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still no fix to this.  Get your [removed] together Verizon!

Profanity removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Google has a lot of great features Mebobio1! I appreciate all the troubleshooting you have done so far. Google voice is a 3rd party feature that we do not support. Are you having any problems with your regular voice mail? What is the make and model of your device?
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
mark-in-dallas

[Removed] Verizon doesn't support Google voice, so you [Removed]

No Amber, your answer was NOT helpful and I think most would agree that you should have just stayed out of the thread!

inappropriate content removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes