Advanced Calling 1.0......... Moto X 2nd Gen?????????
LGD
Enthusiast - Level 2

When is Advanced Calling 1.0 expected to roll out to the Moto X 2nd Gen?????????

Labels (1)
Re: Advanced Calling 1.0......... Moto X 2nd Gen?????????
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Didn't it come with the Lollipop update?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LGD,

Great question. We know how exciting it is waiting for a release of new features for your device. I apologize as we do not currently have any available information about the update for the Moto X 2nd Gen advancing calling option. You can keep up to date here... http://bit.ly/n5snpq

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
joediianni
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am new to Verizon (since the 22nd of December).  I was assured this feature would be in place by year end.  Also, there are numerous references online by Motorola stating it would be enabled by year end.  What gives?

moab12
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received this in response to my questions about the lack of Advanced calling on the Moto X (20140 from Motorola Executive Customer Escalations:

"I understand your position and I am sorry it has been so frustrating for you.  Please understand that it was never our intention for the phone to be a frustration.  Verizon has decided to implement a new feature on their devices, which is why the device was released as it was.  The date of the update will come from Verizon as this is something for their devices.  We are working with Verizon and are doing our best to make this happen as soon as possible.  I understand this has been extremely frustrating and I apologize.  As I said I am working on getting a general idea or a specific date when this update will be released."

Kind Regards,

xxxxx  (I removed the name)

Motorola Mobility

So Verizion says it is Motorola and Motorola says it it Verizion..... Well the phone already has the hardware to be VoLTE capable.... why not ENABLE IT?!!

Tidbits
Legend

It's Motorola.  No matter what Motorola says, and they've admitted this 2 years ago.  Carriers do NO coding like popular belief and how manufacturers make it sound like they do from time to time(like that email you got).  Everything has to be written by the manufacturer for the carriers.  So Motorola rep that answered you is passing the buck off so you'll stop calling them about it.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

moab12 wrote:

I received this in response to my questions about the lack of Advanced calling on the Moto X (20140 from Motorola Executive Customer Escalations:

"I understand your position and I am sorry it has been so frustrating for you.  Please understand that it was never our intention for the phone to be a frustration.  Verizon has decided to implement a new feature on their devices, which is why the device was released as it was.  The date of the update will come from Verizon as this is something for their devices. We are working with Verizon and are doing our best to make this happen as soon as possible.  I understand this has been extremely frustrating and I apologize.  As I said I am working on getting a general idea or a specific date when this update will be released."

Kind Regards

So Verizion says it is Motorola and Motorola says it it Verizion..... Well the phone already has the hardware to be VoLTE capable.... why not ENABLE IT?!!

According to your quoted content, Motorola says the "date" will come from Verizon. That may be, but the actual "update" would come from Motorola. Verizon then confirms the update works with the devices on their network before agreeing on the date of release. If the update causes problems with the devices/network, the code is sent back to Motorola for additional work. Motorola "working with Verizon" is just another way of explaining this back and forth method of coding/testing/coding/testing. It does not mean Verizon is holding it up if Motorola does not provide a satisfactory update.

llorracjon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Update March 27, 2015

From Verizon Customer Support yesterday

- There is no commitment to implement Advanced Calling on MotoX2

My observation:

- Last year when Verizon Wireless 'committed' to implement Advanced Calling on MotoX2, is was indicated a late fall software upgrade.

- ... Did Verizon Wireless identify late fall of --what year---?   I don't recall.

MotoX2 Advanced Calling could be as near as 8 months away (or 20 months or 32 months or .....) 

Credibility:

I've found in my experience the employees in the store front and on phone are generally high integrity, good folks, who want to be helpful. They are simply telling you what they are told is the truth to tell. Lack of credibility is up the food chain. If Verizon Wireless does not have exactly what you want right now but promises in the future.... let this be a lesson learned for us all.

Tidbits
Legend

The reps only have info on what's on the computer. Motorola has to finish the updates in order for Verizon to deliver the updates. Unlike popular belief carriers don't touch code or make the updates. I don't remember Verizon saying the X2 was going to get AC in fall. I remember rumors about it and people started saying it as it was fact and people had expectations it was coming.

I speculate people are so into getting the latest and greatest update that Motorola pushes for the latest and greatest version as quickly as possible and that slows development for anything else. So 5.1 is coming soon and possibly AC may come with it unless Motorola wants to push out 5.1 as fast as they can and do AC later to appease the "I want the update now!" croud.