Adobe Flash for Droid
dfs3660

I have Android 2.2 installed and working fine, when/where can donload and install Adobe Flash?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Adobe Flash for Droid
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
My understanding is that it was included.
0 Likes
Luvnmama

I have heard that the 2.2 does not include Flash upgrade but you can download it (flash upgrade) from the Marketplace as of 8/18.

0 Likes
OldPilot
Contributor - Level 1

You can download it here:  www.droid-life.com/2010/08/03/manual-android-2-2-update-for-motorola-droid/

But FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS or you'll get flummoxed. You need to download Astro File manager first which is a great free manager program. And as the site says, if you don't know how to use a file manager you shouldn't be messin' around. After you install File manager, get the Flash file and go to town. Good luck.

0 Likes
cyan101

It doesn't come with Flash Player.  I just received the update this morning and no flash player.  At some point though they say the Android Market will have it so you can just download it from there.

0 Likes
moonwick

if you goto adobe.com on your device, it states there that the flash portion is not available for download yet, and to check back every few days to see if it's ready.

0 Likes
eddiejt

I have the original droid and have flash installed. You can google flash 10.1 beta for droid and find the download. You must first go to settings and allow third party apps to be installed. I've had mine for weeks and it works great.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

It is available, just not through the market.  If you are modestly competent, you can google seach for it, download the flash player 10.1 .apk file to your computer, after which you install it on your droid and run it.   Basically, the procedure looks like this:

1. Enable droid to allow installation from 3rd party sources [menu, applications, check the allow box]

2. Go to market and search for and install apkinstaller [.apk is file extension for android app files]

3. Attach your droid to your computer with the usb cable

4. mount the device so it shows up as a drive [when you connect the droid with the usb cable, select the option to "mount" the device]

5. copy the apk file to your sd card

6. open the apkinstaller app

7. it will show files on your sd card.  Tap the apk file to run the installer

8. tap install

check out http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LCLJY2D4 for the .apk

i copied and pasted all of the above from the apps section of this forum. give credit to "eogeorge" for this. it was confirmed to work great by 2 other forum members.

0 Likes