rive
Enthusiast - Level 3

Screenshot_2013-10-27-09-20-19.png

Screenshot_2013-10-27-09-25-25.png

0 Likes
Re: Activating Nexus 7 (2013) 4G LTE Tablet
rive
Enthusiast - Level 3

I dunno about T-Mobile/AT&T, but at least with Verizon, I can use the tablet's hotspot, and connect 5 other WiFi devices to my lte for free.

This is especially convienent when we are out and about, and the wife/kids want internet access on their own WiFi devices.

Its worth the hassle to stick with Verizon just for the free hotspot capability (at least for me)

Plus I have data/phone capability on my tablet/nexus 7, so I don't even care if big red drags their heels. I'm good.

0 Likes
JoeOnRoute66

It is apparent that Verizon does not want our business.  I am switching my contract on my Galaxy Nexus expires on 12/15/2013 after 13 years with Verizon.  Enough is enough. 

I want a PURE Android experience and Verizon will not allow that.  Apple has their 'experience' unhindered. 

Unfortunately, I must switch to an inferior network, but I must choose freedom which requires a sacrifice.

Goodbye Verizon.

0 Likes
rive
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah.

I got the pure android experience (its called GED, aka Google experience device). I don't buy any device from Verizon/or samsung. Got my moto Xoom LTE from bestbuy, and got my Nexus 7 LTE from bestbuy.

Verizon network works awesome on my Nexus 7.

All you gotta do is activate an old lte device, and switch the Sim (I had to resize mine), or go on eBay buy a cheap/used lte tab, get it on a share plan, OR a prepay/month to month plan, and switch the Sim. Problem solved.

0 Likes
Activating Nexus 7 (2013) 4G LTE Tablet
CellDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

I did not realize that the Nexus 7 does not have a 3G radio. I'm not blaming Google for this - they need to keep their eye on the price - but it means that there's no fallback if I'm out of the 4G area.

Perhaps I'm better off with the WiFi-only version of the N7 and use the mobile hotspot on my VZW phone if I need data outside the 4G area. Opinions?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

CellDaddy wrote:

I did not realize that the Nexus 7 does not have a 3G radio. I'm not blaming Google for this - they need to keep their eye on the price - but it means that there's no fallback if I'm out of the 4G area.

Perhaps I'm better off with the WiFi-only version of the N7 and use the mobile hotspot on my VZW phone if I need data outside the 4G area. Opinions?

I currently use a tablet through my phone's mobile hotspot. Works great!

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jingo

Does anyone know if the Sim card from an iPad3 will work in the Nexus 7? I've been trying to find out if I can use this SIM or if it uses a different size SIM.

0 Likes
watts4u2
Enthusiast - Level 2

The LTE version I bought is $120 more than the WiFi only version of the Nexus 7.  I bought it to work on Verizon's network, as they indicated it would be ready soon in the statement mentioned previously.  I am happy to know it is possible to sneak onto the network via hacks, but I'd like to abide by all the rules, as I expect Verizon to do.  At the very least, we deserve an update to their last statement on the matter, which indicated they would be ready by now. 

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

How is using a mobile hotspot you pay for not abiding by the rules?

0 Likes
watts4u2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mobile hotspot is fine, but I could have done that with the wifi-only version of the Nexus 7, which costs $130 less.  I don't want to lug around a hotspot when one is built into the device.  Or pay for an additional device.