Accidentally removed SD card without unmounting...all pictures seem to be gone. HELP???
Allygirl

Tonight I received a notification on my LG Ally that my SD card was unmounted (though I had done nothing but pick up the phone). I opened the SD card flap and tried to push the card in to make sure that it was connected...but didn't realize that pushing it in actually pops it out. So, I inadvertently ejected the SD card without unmounting it. When I put it back in, I realized that ALL of my pictures are GONE. Is there anything I can do to get them back, or do I just get to chalk this one up to my own stupidity?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Accidentally removed SD card without unmounting...all pictures seem to be gone. HELP???
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

First you will need to take your card out of your phone. Once you have this you will need to plug it into your computer or a card reader then upload them onto your computer. After you have done this replace your card back in your phone and mount it back. Plug up your phone to the computer and just transfer all your pictures back.

0 Likes
Re: Accidentally removed SD card without unmounting...all pictures seem to be gone. HELP???
Allygirl
I tried that, but I did it using the USB cord that connects my phone to the computer, and there was NOTHING on the card. I also tried putting the card in my dad's phone, and still couldn't find anything. Will it make a difference to take the card out of the phone and plug it in to the computer that way? I don't have a card reader for this size of SD card, so I'd have to see if I can get one. Let me know. I really appreciate your help!
0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

Yes it should be able to find the files if you plug it straight into the computer rather than the mobile device. Once you have done this you should be able to reload them onto your micro sd card.

0 Likes
Allygirl
OK. I tried that, but it still didn't work. However, my neighbor was able to run a recovery program on it and restore almost all of my pictures. So I take it I should never remove the SD card in the future without unmounting?
0 Likes
Re: Accidentally removed SD card without unmounting..All pictures seem to be gone. HELP???
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

Great! Glad to hear they were recovered. And yes every time you plan on removing the card unmount the card from your device before. This way you won't have to worry about losing the pictures again.

0 Likes
Re: Accidentally removed SD card without unmounting..All pictures seem to be gone. HELP???
pinknightmare
I am having a similar issue in that my LG Ally keeps randomly beeping and stating that my SD card has been removed without being unmounted. It of course is still in the phone mounted. I have removed it and reset it and it was fine for an hour or two and then it stated it was removed without un mounting again. This has been happening repeatedly. it has happened before, but just randomly, and now it is happening more frequently. I am also missing photos(in my gallery), while in this state, although some of the photos that are stored on the SD card are contact photos which are still present. My concern is not my photos however, i'm more concerned about why this is happening not what is happening.
0 Likes
mike25620

can i ask what program it was?

0 Likes
snowbumab

Can you let me know what recovery program they used? im having the same problem and really want to get all my pictures back!

0 Likes