Re: ASUS ZenFone V - Mobile Network Drops Off
wallydavid

Hello,

Both my wife and I have the same Zenfone V and both have issues losing the mobile network. I went to the store and they replaced the sim card and it made no difference. The phones were purchased about a week apart. I have tried restarting or hard rebooting and it works sometimes. Other times, it does not. This is extremely frustrating.

0 Likes
Rdmeeks3

So I just talked to a Verizon tech guy that had the best explanation for this problem that I have heard and it makes sense. He said he has a Zenfone (not the V but a different one) and he said that he has problems with the signal dropping off intermittently because it is a 4G only device. He checked the Zenfone V, which is what I have, and said that it is a 4G only phone as well. I verified this by looking at the specs on Asus' website (Verizon doesn't show this on their site). So if your phone can't get the 4G signal for whatever reason, then you have no signal at all, as opposed to other phone brands where you can get 3G and 2G service. So the explanation makes sense, but why they would make phones that are only 4G doesn't make sense.

He said the only options to fix the problem are to get a signal booster (which Verizon can't provide to you) to connect to your phone or to go to the store where you got the phone and ask for a different phone. Since no one in the store told me that this phone is a 4G only phone and could have this problem, I'll be insisting on a free exchange for a phone of a different brand. Good luck to anyone else who has the Zenfone V because I'm guessing most people aren't told about this problem.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Whenever Verizon Wireless shuts down the CDMA frequencies and switches them to 4G, then all phones will be 4g only.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Rdmeeks3

And when will this be? I'm guessing it won't be until phones can consistently keep the 4G signal.

0 Likes
Rdmeeks3

Wallydavid,

I would suggest switching to a different phone. They haven't come up with a solution on this that I've heard of and I've been having this problem for about 2.5 months.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Rdmeeks3 wrote:

And when will this be? I'm guessing it won't be until phones can consistently keep the 4G signal.

There hasn't been any official announcement yet, but it is likely in the next couple of years or so.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wallydavid,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your service. You deserve reliable service at all times, and I'll be happy to fix this. It sounds like you've already done a lot to try and resolve this issue. Let's gather some more details. What zip code are you located in? Other than your phones, are any other users having the same problems?

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rdmeeks3

JuanD_VZW,

I've been having this problem for nearly 3 months. I've had a new SIM card, tried a refurbished phone, did a factory data reset, and have spent many hours talking to agents at the store where I got the phone and talking to tech support. From the info I've been given by tech support, it sounds like another phone of the same model will have the same problem. Now my phone has trouble regaining the signal even when I restart it. If you could set it up so that I can get a different phone (like the Samsung J7 V) for no cost, so that I don't have to spend a lot more time in the store, I would appreciate it. I live in the 63301 zip code and got the phone from the Chesterfield, MO store.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rdmeeks3

Thank you for those additional details, and I am so sorry that you have been dealing with this concern for this amount of time. I will be sending you a private message so that we can look into what options we have to resolve this for you. Please check your inbox so we may better assist you.

EdwardL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
coreyyoung

I have this exact same problem with my ASUS Zenfone V, pretty much daily. I will get in my car and when I get to work or home or somewhere that wifi connects, I will suddenly gets messages or a missed call. So I will turn off wifi and see I have no network connection and I can only restore the network connection by restarting the phone. It's definitely not because there's no 4G, because anywhere it's happened and I've restarted my phone...it works. I've had it happen where I'm driving and using GPS and it says I have a turn coming up soon, I see the exit, I take it, but the voice prompt isn't telling me anything. I look at the phone...no network. I pull over to the side of the road/highway and restart...works again. Happens to me pretty much every day. I would replace the phone, but if I could afford a new phone I wouldn't have bought an ASUS Zenfone V, you know?

0 Likes