Re: ASUS ZenFone V - Mobile Network Drops Off
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BRAVIT78, we always want your device working perfectly. Based upon the troubleshooting steps you have already completed, we would recommend exchanging the device at the original store that it was purchased at due to this defect. This will also allow you to be able to exchange it with a brand new phone instead of a certified like new replacement after the worry free guarantee exchange period expires. It will also ensure the issue is resolved 100 percent (unless there is an external cause outside of the device which can be dealt with as well). How does that sound?

SeanC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JESCLE81,

Hearing that you are having some trouble with your new phone is concerning but we are here to help get your phone stable and connected to the network. You mentioned that you notice the issue happening when switching from Wi-Fi back to the mobile network, have you tried staying connected to the mobile network completely without using Wi-Fi at all?

CandiceH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BRAVIT78

SeanC_VZW Yeah, it seems like I will be going back to the Verizon store to get the phone replaced.  Hopefully the replacement phone will fix the problem.

CandiceH_VZW for me, even if I have been only connected to Verizon's mobile network all day (without connecting to Wi-Fi), the mobile network will still drop out and not come back up, until I restart the phone.

JESCLE81 -  Did your third replacement phone finally fix your problem?

0 Likes
apexi055
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had a similar problem with my google pixel a few months ago. I replaced the sim card, and the phone did an OTA update on the same day, and things have seemed fine since. I also noticed the phone did a PRL update at that time too.

You can try enabling developer options, and keeping the mobile network active when you're on wifi. I think it shuts off by default on a lot of android phones when you connect to wifi. I forget exactly how to enable developer mode, but google should have the answer. Here's a screenshot from my google pixel. It doesn't sound like that will fix the problem, but it's worth a try.

mobiledata.jpg

0 Likes
JESCLE81

BRAVIT78 Hello! So I have had my third phone on for over 48 hours and had absolutely no issues what so ever! There have been no drops requiring me to reset the phone at all. The battery is lasting way longer as well so I am thinking it was constantly searching or something was killing the battery before. I have now successfully re-downloaded all of my apps and still have not had any issues. Here are a few things I noticed...not sure if any of it has anything to do with any of it but here it goes..First of all on both of the first two phones the SIM card did not sit well in the tray. We had lots of trouble getting it to stay in the tray long enough to get it inside the phone. On this third phone it popped into the tray and I slid it in without having to hold on to it or to fight it in any way. Also this third one is Certified Like New as opposed to "New" so maybe something is different there? So I am of the opinion that you return your phone and hopefully you will get a good one on your second try!!!!

All the best...Please keep me updated on how it goes for you!

candiceh_vzw​ Thank you for your response! And to answer your question...yes I had tried turning off the Wi-Fi After that post. However, still no luck. But as I stated This third phone has now been on for over 48 hours gone on and off the WiFi and still no issues! Thank you for your help!

0 Likes
Rdmeeks3

I've had the same problem with my Asus Zenphone. The phone keeps dropping the Verizon network usually once per day. I tried a new SIM card and got the same results. The store where I bought it ordered me another phone, but it's a refurb. How can I get a new phone rather than a refurb? I've had the phone less than 2 months.

0 Likes
PHAROS4EVER

I have had the same cell service issues on this phone since launch and have replaced it at the Verizon store twice and replaced the sim card twice as well. The phones are not defective....there has been the same problem with your google pixel phones on your cell service as well and I'm wondering if you guys need to give this phone a software update to fix the issue. Just like you did with your pixel phones. I have contacted Asus about this problem, but they told me it is an exclusive phone and no one but you the provider (Verizon) can fix the issue on the phone. I told the representatives at the store of the issue over and over again and they keep telling me we are aware of the issue and a patch is being initiated to fix it, and here we are close to 5 to 6 months since launch and yet you guys haven't provided a single firmware update for this device yet....what is going on???

0 Likes
PHAROS4EVER

I have the same issue also you are not alone. If you read the reviews people have stated that claim as well on there cell service randomly dropping out even without using wifi on there device. I have had this device since launch and they replaced it twice and the sim card as well with brand new phones. This device has been out since nearly 5 to 6 months and no firmware update has been sent yet is ridiculous in its own way. I know for sure next time I'm not getting an "exclusive" phone from Verizon ever again after this. Since the manufacturer doesn't handle the fixes, firmware, or software updates on there exclusive phones. If you read my comment above you will see why.

0 Likes
BRAVIT78

I did take my phone back to the original store I purchased it from, however I was informed that they (the store) could not give me a replacement phone.  Instead, I was instructed to call 1-866-221-4096 which is a Verizon Wireless support.  Verizon was able to send me a "like new" phone.  It has been a few weeks, since I got the "like new" phone, and my initial problem with the mobile network dropping off has been fixed; as it has not happened since I got the replacement phone.

However two days ago, I have started to notice a new problem.  Sometimes I have trouble making Wi-Fi calls.  Sometimes the call will drop off a few minutes after the call started.  Other times, I am told that I need to connect to Wi-Fi to make a call...and I am already connected to Wi-Fi.  I tried dialing the full number, area code and all, and still get this error at times.  I have power-cycled my phone but the problem still seems to happen.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BRAVIT78, thank you for reaching out to us about this issue. The WiFi calling can depend on the strength of the WiFi connection that you are trying to connect to. Please make sure that you have a strong and stable connection to make the WiFi calls.

EdgarT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes