Kaempferi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did, it gives me LTE internet but cant make a call

0 Likes
Re: ASUS ROG Phone
McHugeToast
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good to know - thanks! 

Verizon - get on this would ya?  This is the only thing that has made me actually consider leaving Verizon.  I briefly thought about it for the Razer Phone but it just wasn't that good.  I see the Razer Phone 2 works on Verizon so strong work there.  The Asus ROG phone is just in another league.  I must have it.  Don't make me go back to AT&T! 

0 Likes
UWZEROKOOL
Contributor - Level 1

Oh my God! Is the ROG everything I imagined?!    Please tell me about it!

0 Likes
UWZEROKOOL
Contributor - Level 1

Every service provider loads in their own firmware into the phone. I am sure they can add a channel for voice. However, given that they are moving over to VoLTE, all calls should be "Data" oriented.

Verizon, I really hope you guys are on the bandwagon once this phone hits US.

0 Likes
Kaempferi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like what did you want to know about it? Speakers? camera? speed? The official case? Mobile Dock? gamevice? if you look on amazon, I left some impressions there under the 128Gb version under the same name. But ask away and ill do my best to answer.

0 Likes
UWZEROKOOL
Contributor - Level 1

I already know all that stuff, I just want to know how smooth it runs underload. Any crashing, overheating, more or less the feel of it or the "impression." Does it come anywhere close to any phone that you have ever used?

0 Likes
Kaempferi
Enthusiast - Level 2

So far no overheating under 3dmark slingshot extreme, pubg, and fortnite both in X mode or normal. Slight random framedrops as expected. Phone sits around 115F during gameplay but even without the active cooler is runs fine.

I currently use a note 9 so camera is way better than that on launch but the fingerprint sensor can be trickier.

0 Likes
UWZEROKOOL
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon, Kaempferi just informed me that the phone is being offered on Amazon, and it is obviously only GSM compatible.

I am giving Verizon 2 maybe 3 months to offer the phone or at least give a positive update or acknowledgement that they are adopting the ASUS ROG phone or I'm jumping on the AT&T or T-Mobile bandwagon. I am done trying to provide myself and the others who are interested in the phone customer service as to compatibility and if Verizon is going to offer it on their Network.

I was honestly very taken back when verizon customer service said to try buying a 1000 dollar phone and putting their sim card in it to see if it worked. If I would have done that, I would have switched networks immediately, upon it not working. That was horrible advice and highly ill-adviseable. Get to know your network better and stop glorifying Apple like it's something special, it's really not. The ROG is 100 times better than a Apple or any phone on the market.

Last time, I am saying it, jump on the bandwagon, get it compatible with Verizon, offer it to your customers or myself and many others will be going to a the first place that offers it.

Kaempferi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Officially yeah, but it has the same bands as the VZ compatible zenfone so I did contact them and by tomorrow I should know if itll actually work. Others suggested in the past that they may beable to add it to their DB or some whitelist. Not sure as of yet but will keep it posted. Only thing I spent money on this phone was the case so I got nothing to lose.

0 Likes
UWZEROKOOL
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon should be paying you for this information.

0 Likes