Re: ASUS ROG Phone
htapy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Let me clarify, it still does not make calls or texts natively. I suspect you would need root to force hd calling or wait for Asus to maybe add it as a non root toggle.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

UWZEROKOOL,

We value your loyalty and certainly don't want to see you go anywhere else. I know how important it is to have the device you want. We always work to bring the best options to our customers and we will certainly continue to do so. While we have nothing to announce with this phone at the moment you can sign up to be notified of our latest product information at http://spr.ly/6589E6VPU

Andrew_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
UWZEROKOOL
Contributor - Level 1

OMG FINALLY!!! I got us an asnwer via email!!!!

The executive department of Verizon IS working getting software made for the ASUS ROG to be compatible with Verizon networks!

They are also working on offering the ASUS ROG to Verizon customers! They do not have a time frame but IT IS getting worked on!!! : D

Yayyyyy!!!!!! Thank youuuuu Executive Department!

mama23dogs
Legend

Hope they really meant it.   ”looking into” isn’t a yes. 

You know, “mom, I want a pony”.  

” um, okay, dad and I will look into it”.

UWZEROKOOL
Contributor - Level 1

Where did I say "looking into?" I am pretty sure the executive department wouldn't lie about something like that.

I say this because... Everyone else I talked to from Verizon AND Asus said, they are not at liberty to say or disclose anything. Plus the ridiculous amount of liability that comes with official word. ._.

So do I believe it? Yes! Will I hold them to it? Absolutely!

UWZEROKOOL
Contributor - Level 1

So.... I reinquired with the executive department of Verizon... They actively tried to get ASUS to make the software to unlock VoLTE for Verizon networks for the ROG... Unfortunately, ASUS has rejected the request. So Verizon was willing but ASUS rejected. 

Given the circumstances of the actions, or lack thereof, of ASUS, I am not going to change networks just to get the phone. I think this was a pretty selfish act on ASUS and therefore they do not deserve my business. 

Thank you for attempting to work on it Verizon executive department. I greatly appreciate your time spent, man power, and resources used to give us a truthful answer. 

Still a bummer though.

Da-Grey-Ghost
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have to say, If Verizon is going to ignore the gaming community and not provide these great games phones to their customers....I for one have no problem leaving Verizon to go to another carrier just to use this phone...it's a shame and a huge disappointment that Verizon has done exactly that..

I never thought I'd switch to another network after Sprint, but I guess that's what Verizon wants. I know there isn't 150 million ppl gaming on their network, but gamers are pushing this and Verizon needs to understand and grow with the rising not stay flat and boring...

Thanks Verizon for showing me the door...guess I'll have to take my money elsewhere!

DomoBuddhaK
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's a shame that Verison doesnt want this high end phone in its a network. Judging by how old this thread has been here and nothing has changed in over a year.  It seems like a Verison doesnt want any consumers happy with there products or services.   I even tried calling Verizon Customer service only to be put on hold for 30min!!!  The Asus Rog Phone 2 is fudging amazing and it terrible how Verizon wont even support that kind of hardware.  Ironically, At&T and T-Mobile does provide service with this phone and after being with Verizon for over 10+ years i think it's about time to Jump ship.  For all of you reading this maybe you should do the same.  Unless Verizon gives us a concrete time frame or let us know when they're going to support this phone i think its time for everyone to switch.