Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
Re: ASUS ROG Phone
Tidbits
Legend

The pixel doesn't have Verizon's name on it. iPhones, HTC U11 and U12 don't. The only way devices won't work on Verizon network if they haven't been certified which doesn't cost OEMs money to go through. Asking Asus they should give you an answer because if they are going through the process then that means it will be on Verizon as soon as they pass.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, MATMUR16. We would definitely hate to see you go, and we apologize for any confusion. Allow us to clarify. If this device has a tray for a SIM Card, then it will likely be compatible with VoLTE bandwidth. With this device having been purchased from someone other than us, we cannot guarantee that it will be compatible with our network. As soon as you have your Device ID, you can look it up, or you can message it to us, and we can check for you. Because this device is not from us, we want to ensure we set clear expectations, this is why we aren't giving you a direct yes or no. Without all of the necessary information, we cannot know for certain. We are more than happy to specify everything as soon as we have all the necessary information. We hope this helps. 

0 Likes
UWZEROKOOL
Contributor - Level 1

Okay so, the Asus ROG phone is being sold on eBay for between 999 to 1200 dollars. Ships straight from Taiwan (where the phone is manufactured.)

Please tell me that Verizon will be jumping on this bandwagon. If the phone does only go to another carrier, then that's where I am going.

I love Verizon and I do not EVER buy top of the line anything but I really want this phone. Really bad. If another carrier has it first, then that's where I am going.

0 Likes
Kaempferi
Enthusiast - Level 2

So having my hands on the US release of the phone, I contacted VZ and they will let me know by the 31st if this will work or not. I will keep ya posted.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nobody here wants you to leave, UWZWEROKOOL. We love you too. You'll know for certain once you have the device's IMEI number. Here's the link to confirm its compatibility with the network: https://www.verizonwireless.com/prospect/bring-your-own-device/#/checkDevice

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
UWZEROKOOL
Contributor - Level 1

Well I am sure you don't. But right now that phone runs a average of 1000 dollars on eBay. I am for sure not going to buy it and then try to see if it works.

I just want to know if Verizon is going to sell it/allow payments to he made on the phone, IF they offer it.

My overall question is, "Is Verizon going to offer the phone to it's customers?!"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for following up, we want to provide clarity. We currently do not have any official information confirming that the ASUS ROG phone will be offered through Verizon Wireless. Rest assured we have a wide array of great phone options that can fit your needs. Use this link as reference: https://www.verizonwireless.com/devices/.

Gilberto_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
UWZEROKOOL
Contributor - Level 1

Really? You have a device that compares to the ASUS ROG phone?! Can you please provide me the make and model of the phone so I can compare the specifications of the two?

0 Likes
UWZEROKOOL
Contributor - Level 1

I think it would behove Verizon to purchase a couple and send them out as betas. Yeah, we are only but a few out of 14 million customers talking about this, but this phone is exemplary in every form and manner.

When I purchase a computer, I purchase gaming computers. Why? It's because they last so much longer. They have performance cooling capabilities that increase longevity and if I wanted to game, I would have no problem doing it.

Then let's not forget the docking station capabilities as well for business use. It's a portable computer that you can carry in your pocket. You can conduct business seamlessly, connect it to do presentations, even stream video WITHOUT the device getting hot and wearing down the network adapter.

I mean come onnnn! Verizon needs to get cracking on this before, other phone providers get in on it.

0 Likes
McHugeToast
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey All - someone has got to have tried this in the last two days.  Just pull out your sim card from whatever phone you had on verizon's network and put it in the asus rog phone and see if you can get some LTE service. 

Anyone?  Anyone tried this yet?

0 Likes