A few Eris issues
Kat2323

On my second Eris.  Love the droid format, usability but as I said I'm on my second.  Previous one couldn't hold a call in my home - 38 day owned so I got the "like new replacement".  Replacement seems faster, but dropped a few calls again.  I'm trying to find all the clitches prior to the 30 day return of this baby before I get stuck again.  Along with the phone call issues the last one kept forgetting the defaut home, kept asking me what I wanted to do when I pushed the home key (so annoying), kept dropping "favoirite" people and lost pictures.  This one seems to delay calling people.... I push, I wait, sometimes connects, sometimes doesn't and I hold the phone up to my ear and then wonder why it's not going through then realize I didn't feel the vibrate.  And here's another odd thing - went to download FB for android and it says FB for nexus one?  Is this one bad too or are there just things on the Eris that need to be lived with?

I went with Verizon because we do live in an area that reception has always been a bit of an issue.  None of the phone we currently own, except my Eris, has an trouble now.  I previously had an LG Dare that worked like a charm, but thought I needed to upgrade.  Would the LG Ally get better service?  Was going BlackBerry, but was talked into the droid format ("much better 3G experience"). They made offer at Verizon that if I was still having problems to swap me out to a different device.  I like the Verizon network - won't leave, but also don't want to be stuck with a phone that can't be used as a phone.

Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: A few Eris issues
lyndarva

"Much better 3G experience" sounds like a salesman trying to make a sale.  I had one salesman in a store tell me that a certain Verizon phone didn't have 3G but this other (more expensive) one would.... Verizon customer support on the phone was very upset about that.  The Android Ally is comparable to the IPhone and is generally a good phone, but it has some bugs to work out.

You won't know what your experience is until you try it and then make a decision within the return policy about whether it works or not.  I'm having trouble with dropped calls, there is a trouble ticket out to see if there is a specific reason for it.  My personal preference is Blackberry all the way, but I don't like the new Blackberry models on the Verizon market - particularly the Bold.  For one reason, I have difficulty seeing the red numbers and my husband is color blind and cannot see the numbers at all.  

I'm on my second new phone too (previous Bold) so I have to decide this week if I am going to stick with it or not.

0 Likes
Re: A few Eris issues
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Android is still new so the kinks are being worked out, especially for phones with a lay-over ui like sense. It's bring worked on but if you have your doubts, now is the time to move on.
0 Likes