*78 "star seventy-eight" - Do Not Disturb
Stanley_Stanley
Enthusiast - Level 1

First of all - I hope none of you dial this number - but if you did, how did you fix it?

I called customer service and they seemed completely confused by this claiming that only *72, *73 are valid codes, but *78 basically turns on what I presume to be the do not disturb function that can NOT be turned off from any of the settings on your phone.  If you were able to fix this, or were able to get CS to help you fix it, please let me know because as of right now, I am waiting for a ticket to get solved.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: *78 "star seventy-eight" - Do Not Disturb
Stanley_Stanley
Enthusiast - Level 1

It got fixed... have no idea how they did it but the service ticket to I think the tech department definitely did the trick.  If your problem is from having dialed (star) 78, they'll have you power-cycle, dial *73, *920, *900, go into settings turn things on and off - if any of that works for you, great, otherwise save yourself some time (45 minutes to an hour) and get the rep to put in a ticket if they don't know of the issue.

As an aside, the service rep was very patient and professional, it was just a problem they weren't trained for and I wasn't 100% on the issue not being from my phone, so it dragged on longer than necessary.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Stanley_Stanley
Enthusiast - Level 1

It got fixed... have no idea how they did it but the service ticket to I think the tech department definitely did the trick.  If your problem is from having dialed (star) 78, they'll have you power-cycle, dial *73, *920, *900, go into settings turn things on and off - if any of that works for you, great, otherwise save yourself some time (45 minutes to an hour) and get the rep to put in a ticket if they don't know of the issue.

As an aside, the service rep was very patient and professional, it was just a problem they weren't trained for and I wasn't 100% on the issue not being from my phone, so it dragged on longer than necessary.

0 Likes
AJC718

this is actually the correct information.

*78 Activation, *79 Deactivation - Do Not Disturb - Provides the subscriber the opportunity of having all calls intercepted by the CO switch whenever the line is programmed for Do Not Disturb. The calling party will receive a message indicating the station is in Do Not Disturb condition.

for a complete list of code follow the link below

Telephone Star Codes * Vertical Codes

0 Likes