7726 Spam Text Reporting # changes to 772-6 . Not Receiving Ver. Confirmation text back.
danreynoldsphoto
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I forward a spam text on my Mac, I do not receive a Verizen Thank You for Reporting Message back to me. Also, the 7726 number in the To: address automatically changes to 772-6   adding a dash to it.

Is Verizen receiving this report of spam still ? Are the spammers changing to number and adding a dash ?

Anyone else notice this ?  The last 10 I have reported did not receive Confirmation back from Verizen.

Re: 7726 Spam Text Reporting # changes to 772-6 . Not Receiving Ver. Confirmation text back.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is there a reason why you aren't forwarding the messages on your phone? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: 7726 Spam Text Reporting # changes to 772-6 . Not Receiving Ver. Confirmation text back.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your diligence when it comes to reporting Spam Texts, Danreynoldsphoto. I want to ensure the correct process is being completed. If you are using Message+ on your Mac, there is a different process which can be viewed under item 10 on the following site: http://spr.ly/66081cLAr Please let me know if this information helps. ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes
itzme
Enthusiast - Level 2

It adds the dash because it thinks you are typing a phone number as in 772-678-1234.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please let us know if we can assist with anything at all. 

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
ucscgirl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just use my cell phone & have also stopped receiving confirmation. If Verizon would care to connect with me I could send you screenshots of what looks like just being ignored. Effective customer service would definitely continue proving they are doing their best to help the customer, not doing Less than before. Like I said, no confirmation, no request for the number—but I still send it anyway. Hello, Verizon, are you listening? 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ucscgirl wrote:

I just use my cell phone & have also stopped receiving confirmation. If Verizon would care to connect with me I could send you screenshots of what looks like just being ignored. Effective customer service would definitely continue proving they are doing their best to help the customer, not doing Less than before. Like I said, no confirmation, no request for the number—but I still send it anyway. Hello, Verizon, are you listening? 

Check the spam and blocked folder within your text message application. At least for me, the VZW spam report contact somehow got moved into the same folder as the actual spam I have blocked. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes