5 Gig Cap
Count400

With all this facebooking, utubing and web surfing, isn't it easy to go over the Cap?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 5 Gig Cap
GreySeal
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been assured numerous times by different Verizon tech people that there is no 5 gig cap on the $30 unlimited data plan.

There is no cap!

There may be a cap on the some other plan, like the tethering plan (an EXTRA $30 a month, i believe), but it has nothing to do with the unlimited data plan that you MUST have in order to have the Droid (or any Blackberry.)

Unless Verizon has redefined "unlimited" to mean something other than Webster intended, you are safe.

Now, if they would only include texting in that plan......

0 Likes
Jagger-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

DROID offers a UNLMIITED Web & Email plan for $29.99, which is different than the Moblie Broadband pricing that has a 5GB cap, which if you go over you are charged $0.05 per MB...

0 Likes
akookyfish

Jagger-VzW wrote:

$51.20 per GB after the allotted 5GB.

so thaaaaat's why it's called a GIGabyte :robotvery-happy:
thanks for the good advice, james!
0 Likes
powderhoundrich

I'd imagine 5 GB would be pretty hard at this point to reach, I listen to Pandora for 8+ hours a day at work on my Droid, and so far I've barely gone over 100k per day. 

Although once Flash is enabled, I'm sure it will be much easier and quicker to hit that cap.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

yeah when we are watching Hulu videos all day instead of sitting infront of a tv.  LOL. 

0 Likes
Backnblack

Amazing how this question comes up everytime a new smartphone comes out....lol

0 Likes
alxnet

Count400 wrote:

With all this facebooking, utubing and web surfing, isn't it easy to go over the Cap?

There's almost no chance of hitting that 5GB cap by surfing on your phone.  Tethering maybe, but if you get the tethering plan available sometime next year, the cap is supposedly 10GB.  You'd have to be streaming youtube videos 8 hours a day, 7 days a week for a whole month to break that.

0 Likes
rlivin

its not hard, i have used 212mb in the last 3 weeks with bb and droid. and it is unlimited

0 Likes
mfratto

There is no cap if you bought a Droid and the data plan.

You can read it for your self bu going toMy Verizon Wireless-> My Services->My Plan->Add/Remove Features-> Email and Web for Smartphone-> Terms and Conditions

In particular, there is this little bit:

Data Plans and Features: Permitted Uses. You can use our Data Plans and Features for accessing the Internet and for such uses as: Internet browsing; (ii) e-mail; (iii) intranet access (including accessing corporate intranets, e-mail and individual productivity applications made available by your company); (iv) uploading, downloading and streaming of audio, video and games; and (v) Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP).

0 Likes