Re: 5.1.1 update and now screen mirroring will not connect!
Loudon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I checked and the Roku dongle and Sony smart TV are both updated. Dave [Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Loudon, thanks for keeping us updated on this issue. Do you have other 3rd oarty applications downloaded to this device? If so, we recommend that you uninstall any unwanted applications and update software for the applications that you want to keep. Power your device off/on to soft reset it and let us know if you continue to have this issue.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Pmanlori
Enthusiast - Level 3

I HIGHLY doubt that will work.   The theme here is it worked perfect BEFORE that update with no changes other than the update.   The issue is what the update did and not something else.   Find out what the update changed and you find the issue.   Don't understand why this is so difficult to understand.   What did the update change with this?   Please respond with that answer or find someone who knows what was changed and report it to us.   It appears to me that is what is being ignored.   you CANNOT automatically assume it must be the user and not the software update.

There should ALWAYS be a way to easily revert back to the previous firmware!   It's a ridiculously simple solution to the end users issues for ANY problem with new firmware.   Can't even imagine how much you could cut down on the problem solving by at least giving the customer the option to go back to what worked WITHOUT making them wipe their phone.   It's so obvious it's laughable.   Every time this kind of thing happens more and more people root their phones and that's something we should NEVER have to do to get what is part of the phones feature list.   This particular problem is not stemming from a brand new feature that no-one had before and this issue has gone on for a long time for some others right when they updated from the last operating system.  

I get that different carriers use different "special" versions of the software but the basic features of a phone need to work regardless.   There's talk that some players like Netflix were upset about the ability to stream their programming wireless and so software was put into place to block it.   What's the real story here?   Isn't there anyone in tech who cares just a bit about their job to actually dig and find out what the problem is?   I still can't find anyone who has a phone that doesn't have this issue since at least the last update.   They just don't care about the feature because they don't use it.

0 Likes