5.1.1 update and now screen mirroring will not connect!
Pmanlori
Enthusiast - Level 3

Screen mirroring worked perfect before updating today to 5.1.1 and now I just keep getting the failure to connect error!   Extremely unhappy about this as I use this feature at least 4 hous a day.   Need a fix!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 5.1.1 update and now screen mirroring will not connect!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to have all features of your device running full steam! What is happening now that you've done the update when you try to use this feature?

NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Pmanlori
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just to be clear I believe the previous version was 5.0.1 and screen mirroring worked perfectly and has in fact worked perfectly regardless of which android version has been on the phone for over a year now.   When I updated to 5.1.1 it now will no longer connect and there has been absolutely no changes to the phone such as other software installed.  As soon as the update was finished I tried to connect and what happens is it sees the connection including if I try connecting with the match the number way by holding down the selection of what I'm going to connect to.   The number will come up and I can enter it and regardless of doing that or just the regular way the same thing happens over and over.   The connection will try and connect and then the indication on the tv will go away for a few seconds and then pop up again showing I'm trying to connect and do that a few times until my phone says I have a failure to connect. 

Looking on the web I see this is a big issue ever people have been having ever since they upgraded the first time to Lollipop with 5.0.1 although for whatever reason mine worked fine until immediately after the 5.1.1 update and now way more people are complaining about it.

I've tried rebooting, clearing phone cache, a different tv, turning off wifi or going into airplane mode and of course rebooting and it makes no difference.   The solution is NOT to completely wipe my phone and start over.   Whatever the update did it caused the issue and there needs to be a work around or patch to this issue.  

So, what would you like me to try OTHER than wiping my phone?   Did Verizon take the ability to screen mirror away?  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate all that you've done thus far! What device are you using? Depending on the device, I would suggest placing into Safe Mode.
YosefT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Pmanlori
Enthusiast - Level 3

Safe mode does nothing other than prevent the phone to scan for wireless networks.  What I am saying is when you press scan nothing happens.  It just stays on that screen and says there are no places to connect too.

0 Likes
Pmanlori
Enthusiast - Level 3

?   What device am I using ?   I don't understand the question as this was already explained.  Note 4 with all updates 5.1.1

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help and want to continue working towards a solution, Pmanlori. With Safe Mode this is a handy tool to help determine what specifically is causing the issue such as if a third party application. We will need to attempt Safe Mode and here are the instructions: http://vz.to/1PF3G1s Please test and advise of the outcome, thanks in advance.

ChrisM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd like to clarify. Safe mode allows the device to power on without booting any software that is not native to the device. We highly recommend trying the device in safe mode.
CarleyR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Loudon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem with my Galexy Core Prime. It is updated and will not see the three devices I have for screen mirroring. The Sony Bravia tv, Roku 4 and Philips tv all have the screen mirroring option turned on. I tried safe mode on the phone and still got nothing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We strive to provide you with a device that is fully functioning. May I ask if you've attempted to use an All Share Cast Dongle? Are there any firmware updates for your acccessories?
YosefT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes