4G Rarely Found in My Travels with HTC 4G LTE phone. What is Your Experience?
pstreicher1

I do not get it. I bought the new 4G LTE Incredible about two months ago, the same time as when I got my older brother to upgrade from his old and outdated 3G phone. I did some testing of sorts, driving around and watching my screen to see when I would get the 4G icon. Mostly it was found when driving on the interstate. Around town I got practically nothing but 3G. Here is what really got my goat the other weekend. My brother comes to visit me and we are standing out on the driveway. A cell tower is on the next block and we are looking at it. He is getting three bars with a 4G icon with his LG 4G LTE phone. Me, 3G with three bars. Now how the hell do you explain this? Is my phone a factory reject, defective as far as the radio goes? I am tempted and probably will call HTC support about this real soon. I am paying extra for this service and not getting it. I want the faster 4G experience like anyone else that pays the extra bucks for it. So, what has been your experience with this? Maybe this is an issue with this phone or ice cream sandwich and this phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4G Rarely Found in My Travels with HTC 4G LTE phone. What is Your Experience?
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You're not paying any extra for 4G service than you would for 3G service.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: 4G Rarely Found in My Travels with HTC 4G LTE phone. What is Your Experience?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check your bill 'cause 4G service costs the same as 3G, if you are referring to the data charge (the price of the phones is another matter).

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You're not paying any extra for 4G service than you would for 3G service.

0 Likes
pstreicher1

My bill shows an increase of $10 a month now for the smartphones on the new 'unlimited minutes' plan. Yes, there is a $70 charge for 4gb of data that I subscribed too. As you might have seen, Jim gave me a helpful hint and it got me pointed in the right direction. Turning off the wi-fi almost instantly got me 4G showing up now. I will remember this when not around any wi-fi to access, which is mostly the case. The world needs more free wi-fi, don't you agree?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your bill increased $10 a month because you changed plans with different amenities, not because you moved from a 3G phone to a 4G phone.  Someone on your plan with a 3G phone would also pay $70 for 4 gb of data ... data charges are the same whether you are using 3G or 4G.

Yes, free wi-fi is a good thing.  Glad your issue was an easy fix.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

That price increase is because of the new data plans, not because you have a 4G phone.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Dude, double-ninja'd?

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Double-ninja'd, indeed! 

- and that's "dudette", by the way ...

pstreicher1

That's good to know. Here's another question for ya'. Why when I hold my phone up to my ear I cannot hear but when I turn on the  loud speaker I can hear just fine. Something has changed and I suspect an app I might have downloaded recently but am not sure. 'Open Signal' is the most recent app I downloaded. Maybe I will try to uninstall it and see what that does. Has anyone else had a problem like this or know of what might cause it? Or, what to try to fix this? I have not dropped the phone either. Maybe the phone is a factory defect too.

0 Likes
pstreicher1

Replying to my reply here...found the problem with not being able to hear on the internal speaker. The call setting for hearing aid enabled was turned 'on'. Never known this to be a problem before and the icon was always showing on before. I do wear aids but in trying the phone without hearing aid enabled option on, I can hear just fine. So, am going to experiement a little more with this setting now. Seems there is a lot left out in the manual or did I just miss something about this. Thanks to all for the help here today.

0 Likes