4.4.3 Update limbo HTC One M8
Bill_In_DC
Enthusiast - Level 1

Last night (9/16) my HTC One M8 running 4.4.2 offered me the 4.4.3 update, which I accepted, and then it did not install. I got a message telling me my battery was not charged enough. I was at about 20% but was plugged into the charger. I cannot get it to offer the update again, even though I have good wireless connection and am fully charged. The Verizon support web site has a PDF file with the manual update instruction (http://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/htc-one-m8-06-02-14.pdf). However, the menu names in the document does not match my phone.

The document says navigate to Settings > Phone Update > Check for Update > Download Now. I don't have that -- I have Settings -> Software Update -> Check new. When I select this, NOTHING HAPPENS. The background of the selection flashes and that's it.

I really want the update to get the new power savings mode and to get any other power saving fixes in the OS. While I love the phone, it seems that the battery is undersized.

Does anyone know how I can get my phone to update? Thanks.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4.4.3 Update limbo HTC One M8
B33
Legend

That is True on the Battery it has to Fully charged to take the update I've seen this on my one m8 as well,   what your seeing is normal fully charge your battery till you see a Green led then power cycle the phone  power + upper volume till you see the black bar & spinning wheel the phone will shut down & come back on let it go through it's steps,  then retry the update..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That is True on the Battery it has to Fully charged to take the update I've seen this on my one m8 as well,   what your seeing is normal fully charge your battery till you see a Green led then power cycle the phone  power + upper volume till you see the black bar & spinning wheel the phone will shut down & come back on let it go through it's steps,  then retry the update..

0 Likes
Bill_In_DC
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks! I power-cycled my phone at 90% charge and I got the update.

Hey Verizon: I would have preferred to get some kind of feedback when I selected "Check new". Also I don't think it should have offered me to install the update if it wasn't going to install it.

B33
Legend

Your Welcome.. Glad  it's Workin" b

0 Likes