4.4.3 Battery and Wifi Issues
aje5014

My HTC One M8 upgraded to Android 4.4.3 a few weeks ago, and since then I've noticed a few issues. First, my battery is draining extremely fast even without heavy use. It will sit in my pocket for 2 hours after coming off the charger, and already be down to 70%. I have to charge it multiple times a day otherwise it would die.

Second is the wifi. I can still connect to my wifi at home and at work, but the speed is horrendous at 0.71 Mbps. Updating or downloading apps can take 20 minutes on wifi, and often time out do to slow connectivity. 4G is fine though.

Anyone else experiencing this or know how it can be fixed? Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4.4.3 Battery and Wifi Issues
tylerw1285
Contributor - Level 1

Forget your wifi connection and then log back on. especially if your router is n or better and dual band

Go into settings, applications, select playstore, clear cache, uninstall updates, google+, facebook, samsung, turn off sync try speed test after each. the playstore solution and g+ seem to cause a big slowdown....... Other thing in settings go down to about phone , status and check and see if there is a 192.168.1.??? right above is there a very long ip address?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: 4.4.3 Battery and Wifi Issues
tylerw1285
Contributor - Level 1

Forget your wifi connection and then log back on. especially if your router is n or better and dual band

Go into settings, applications, select playstore, clear cache, uninstall updates, google+, facebook, samsung, turn off sync try speed test after each. the playstore solution and g+ seem to cause a big slowdown....... Other thing in settings go down to about phone , status and check and see if there is a 192.168.1.??? right above is there a very long ip address?

0 Likes