4.4.2 on razr maxx hd
Coolduckboy

Kitkat has been nothing but a complete (removed) to my phone. Half my apps don't work properly, files i try to download it wont create a directory to the sd card and wont revert to internal storage when unmounted,  and there is no color to the status bars. I have uninstalled applications and reinstalled but to no avail.

Edited as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4.4.2 on razr maxx hd
Flyers28

So i guess your saying im lucky that my phone won't even let me install the update.  I even reset to factory defaults and it still stops after 20 seconds of installing.  What a disappointment, so much hype for an update that failed so miserably apparently.

0 Likes
Coolduckboy

Where did my post go?

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

I don't know. I installed it on both of mine and they work perfectly.  Coolduckboy, did you try a cache wipe on the phone? Cache wipes clear out orphaned code so the system will work better and faster and are easy to do without any data loss.

New procedure under Kitkat:

1. 1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL UP + VOL DOWN KEY together + POWER KEY .
  2. 2. The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS
  3. 3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and VOL UP Key to SELECT

Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited to long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again.
  4. 4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark).
  5. 5. Press and hold the VOL UP key, then press and release the POWER key.
  6. 6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE).
  7. 7. Use the VOL DOWN key to scroll to wipe cache partition (bottom entry) and then press the POWER key to SELECT this option.

8. The device will then perform the partition wipe, AUTOMATICALLY REBOOT, and start the normal power up sequence.

0 Likes
lagerman38

I cannot update mine as well and I tried the aforementioned steps that you suggested. I took my phone back to factory and wiped the cache with the same results. I do find it a little frustrating that the phones are locked down more than they should be. If anyone can suggest anything else to try that would be awesome!!

0 Likes