Re: 4.4.2 Broke bluetooth on Razr Maxx HD
cenbdawg
Enthusiast - Level 1

Are there any plans for a new release to fix the KitKat issues?  I am having similar issues connecting to my Logitech headset I use for work.   My phone cannot see that device for some reason, but I do see other devices in the vicinity.  This worked up until the release of KitKat.   And not to go off topic, but the upgrade also caused a serious drain on the battery.   I have installed apps to combat this, but used to go 2 days easy, with limited use, and at least 1 day with heavy use.  Now cannot make it through 1 day.   KitKat was supposed to improve app performance, which I do see for the most part, and limit battery consumption.  However the Android OS is on my top 3 list of resources, usually #1, consuming battery.

RabidNinjaGerbil
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone heard back from Verizon Wireless Customer Support on this?  It looks like 4-months has passed by without any insight?

I'm still having this issue with BT receivers I use for speakers.  Like cenbdawg, I too, have HORRIBLE battery life on an otherwise well [battery] endowed device.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching back out to us, RabidNinjaGerbil. I have a possible solution, that while a bit odd sounding, may very well do trick for your. Not sure if you utilize the the Chrome browser for your mobile web surfing needs, but apparently updating that browser to a more recent/newer firmware helps with the bluetooth connectivity issues. It is recommended that it be on either version: 33.0.1750.166 or higher.

You can check which version of Chrome you have installed by going into Settings> Apps>All>Chrome

If you are on an older version, please launch the Google PlayStore and search for Chrome or select Menu > My Apps. If there is an update available, it will be visible there.

Let us know if this helps out. Thank you.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
RabidNinjaGerbil
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Nicandro (Verizon Wireless Customer Support),

Sorry for the delay, haven't really had a chance to sit and send a follow-up.  So, my phone is running the most current version of Chrome (in fact it updated, again, right after you had replied).

I have confirmed that the Bluetooth continues to be shoddy, at best.  I've tested different types of devices - all revolving around the 'headphone' type of device.  Both my Bluetooth receivers (2) have the same issue and another, brand new, pair of stereo Bluetooth headphones.  There is not a noticeable issue (that I can think of) with my wireless phone headset (mono), that's a few years old.

My concern is, again, that I'm looking at purchasing new headphones, or receivers for use in my car and I have no guarantee of BT quality that was just fine prior to the KitKat update.

(Tongue-in-Cheek)

This wouldn't really be an issue if VZW would allow their devices (now out of contract) to be fully unlocked (Bootloader) and have custom ROMs (CyanogenMod) installed.  There would be a community-vetted and documented OS for the device - and a name that can actually be trusted.

(/Tongue-in-Cheek)

Thanks Again.

0 Likes
Nelsand

I've been monitoring this thread since I started having issues with my BT as well, coincidentally right after the update. I've tried everything, Hard/Soft resets updating Chrome etc... And it's still not working. What are my options? I have unlimited data plan(never upgraded my plan and don't want to) and new phones are pricey without that new plan discount. Is there any plans on fixing this issue?

0 Likes