Re: 4.4.2 Broke bluetooth on Razr Maxx HD
Dabogues
Enthusiast - Level 3

KathleenKBG A hard reset just doesn't fix the issue. It makes BT usable, but still far worse than before. Moto broke one of the most important features of my phone to me, and ignored my reports of issues prior to the OTA release.

0 Likes
Avocet

Thanks to the 4.4.2 upgrade to my Raxr Maxx HD, I can no longer use wifi and bluetooth simultaneously. I didn't recognize the reason I could no longer use wifi on the phone until visiting the Motorola user forums. By that time I was piling up data usage through Verizon, potentially at great expense to me! On the Motorola forums I found out that bluetooth, (which I have kept on continuously for multiple uses) was now blocking wifi. 

So now I am inconvenienced on every bluetooth use in order to keep wifi on, preventing big data use bills.

Is Verizon enjoying its profits from this problem?  I have added my voice to Motorola to fix the BT-wifi conflict and ask Verizon to let customers and its store technical staff know what the problem is.  In this process I visited a store which knew nothing about the problem and recommended a hard reset, an action that messed up/lost a lot of data on my phone. Just more inconvenience to me.

0 Likes
badmoose
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's pretty much exactly the same thing I'm seeing.  It's almost behaving like Bluetooth is a very low priority so ANYTHING else that happens with it causes it to pause momentarily.  If the phone is still, WiFi off, and streaming, it behaves somewhat better.  Pick it up, cause it to react in any way and CHOP CHOP CHOP. 

It's unacceptable that such poor performance was missed by both Motorola in-house and VZW testing, doubly so that it was reported in soak and ignored, and unforgivable that VZW isn't even acknowledging that there's a problem at all, with support offering nothing but scripted tech support responses (Have you tried to disconnect and reconnect?  Did you try power cycling?  Did you perform a factory reset?)

The update broke the phone.  We want a solution.

0 Likes
SnareTrap
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cannot pair my headphone set that was paired previous to the update. I've read many of the canned responses and what seems to be blaming anything but the update. It just seems that with this many people reporting problems - IT'S THE UPDATE THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED!

0 Likes
legend420
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having exact same issues!!  Along with battery getting hot when in weak or no signal areas and at that point battery does full drain in 4 hours or less.  Also WIFI and Bluetooth don't like to work together. When bluetooth is on it won't connect to home network until i turn bluetooth off.  Same issues most other razr maxx hd owners are having!

I am having the same problem after the 4.4.2 update.

0 Likes
OnSiteStudios
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here's my experience so far. My Droid RAZR HD now only 'half pairs' with my car and my BT headphones. In the car, when the phone rings the radio mutes and the call comes up on the dash. I can take the call with the button on the steering wheel, but the audio doesn't come through the car - it's still in the phone. So now I have to pick up the phone and hold it up to my ear. Within a minute, the call disappears from the dash display and the radio starts playing even though I'm still talking on the phone itself.

When I'm listening to music with my headphones (not in the car), I will hear an incoming call, but can't answer the call with my headphones. I must take them off and hold the phone the old-fashioned way.

Note: This is happening almost 100% of the time. On odd occasions, the BT works normally. I cleared the cache partition yesterday, but haven't tried making a call with the headphones or the car yet. I also haven't un-paired and re-paired the devices. I think the problem is deeper and now that I've read that some people on this thread are mentioning the WiFi issue, I' willing to bet that this is directly related to Verizon's attempt to block software like PDANet from working. Seriously, VZ. Data is data. I galls me to no end how greedy you guys are to extort another $20/month out of your loyal customers who want to use their phones as modems. $165/month and you're still not satisfied? I have to be frank, I've been M2M for a while now and I'm not sure what I'm going to do when the iPhone 6 ships. My relationship with VZW may come to a sudden end.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yep lets blame Verizon Wireless.

The update came from Google and Motorola not Verizon.

They provide it to the devices from the maker of the phones.

Go after Google and Motorola. I understand the problems are posted at both forums. Only they can fix it. Not Verizon.

Good Luck

0 Likes
OnSiteStudios
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's not exactly true Elector. The carriers specify the build. They is why the bloatware changes from carrier to carrier with the same models. An iPhone from AT&T will have a different build than what VZW sells. The Droid line is specific to VZW. It's not a 'pure' google build, nor is is only what Moto wants - and they're now owned by Google.

Also the updates come from the carrier, not Google or Motorola.

0 Likes
Not applicable

The base code is untouched from the Google/Microsoft to the manufacturers who place on carrier specific apps.

The apps do not touch the base code.

Verizon creates no code. The operating system on Androids is from Google, the device makers can place on their extraneous programs and add specific programs to carrier specification.

In your analogy you are saying carriers place code on the devices, this is totally untrue.

A good example is iPhone in which all updates are by Apple and pushed out by Apple to the devices. Yet there is nothing from Verizon included and yet Verizon handles a load of calls blaming Verizon for the phone not functioning from one iOS update to the next.

You see the makers of the devices like to pass on the failures of these updates on the carriers. If you think about it you will find this cannot possibly be the case that all problems are carrier related.

I personally advocate that phone makers do their own updates and then see how many complaints Verizon and other carriers receive.

Droid=Android=Google (Motorola going to be Lenovo when Google sold that Mobility Division)

Good Luck

0 Likes
jjfields
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the exact same issue with my maxx hd- suddenly cannot connect to wifi or Bluetooth. This is my work phone. Not being able to talk on my car phone is NOT OK. Not being able to use wifi to save data and battery is NOT OK. I spent way too much on this phone BC of the long battery promise ( which was NEVER anywhere close to 48 hrs even before I was running apps) and now it won't even hold a charge for ONE day. This is clearly not a hardware issue.  VZW says to do a hard reset. NO! I had to PAY MONEY to get my hosted exchange account set up on this phone. I should not have to pay to repeat that process because of a glitchy update!!!!!!! FIX THE BUG!! DO YOU SEE HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE THE EXACT SAME COMPLAINT!? What a joke

0 Likes