Highlighted

3 Droids on skateboards

Member

Ok I just got a HTC Droid so I am a newbie.

 

I have noticed sporadically my device freezes up and 3 droids on a skateboard show up on the screen. Eventually the phone unfreezes and everything is fine. Does anyone know what causes this? It's very annoying.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: 3 Droids on skateboards

Sr. Member

The 3 androids on skateboards is the beginning screen of the phone's boot process. Your phone, for some reason, is re-booting itself. Take it in and let the Verizon folks take a look at it.

 

I haven't figured out what the significance of the 3 droids on skateboards is. They look like they've been smoking pot to me (not to mention the droid that leans into the screen and waves hello - no idea on that one).

 

 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: 3 Droids on skateboards

Sr. Member

 


gerio wrote:

The 3 androids on skateboards is the beginning screen of the phone's boot process. Your phone, for some reason, is re-booting itself. Take it in and let the Verizon folks take a look at it.

 

I haven't figured out what the significance of the 3 droids on skateboards is. They look like they've been smoking pot to me (not to mention the droid that leans into the screen and waves hello - no idea on that one).

 

 


 

The three Androids on skateboards are there at the beginning of a boot process, particularly for those who unroot their phones. If you're seeing it, maybe you're holding down one other button while it restarts that brings this screen up. 

 

If it does it by itself and you find that the screen appears, I would say that you should return it. That's not entirely normal behavior.

 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: 3 Droids on skateboards

Sr. Member

I've had mine to re-boot by itself just a time or two and I was switching between some screens and/or apps rather rapidly (read impatiently, my fault) when it happened. It certainly hasn't been a big problem, as opposed to my 3 iPhones, which would re-boot themselves 2 or 3 times a week just sitting there.

 

Every time my Eris boots (for whatever reason), I see the 3 Androids on skates. I don't think I'm holding down another button, but I'll check myself the next time I have to boot the phone. Since that last OTA update, I have to remember to re-boot it every couple of days or so. No more pulling the battery out once ot twice a day to unfreeze the phone. In fact, I just re-started it as I'm typing this because it's been 8 days since the last re-boot.

 

Fun stuff...

 

Geri O

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: 3 Droids on skateboards

Sr. Member

 


gerio wrote:

I've had mine to re-boot by itself just a time or two and I was switching between some screens and/or apps rather rapidly (read impatiently, my fault) when it happened. It certainly hasn't been a big problem, as opposed to my 3 iPhones, which would re-boot themselves 2 or 3 times a week just sitting there.

 

Every time my Eris boots (for whatever reason), I see the 3 Androids on skates. I don't think I'm holding down another button, but I'll check myself the next time I have to boot the phone. Since that last OTA update, I have to remember to re-boot it every couple of days or so. No more pulling the battery out once ot twice a day to unfreeze the phone. In fact, I just re-started it as I'm typing this because it's been 8 days since the last re-boot.

 

Fun stuff...

 

Geri O


 

Wow. Well I *now* really can't say if that's normal behavior or not, now I'm curious to know if most Eris users experience this...

 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: 3 Droids on skateboards

Sr. Member
supitsmike wrote:

 


gerio wrote:

I've had mine to re-boot by itself just a time or two and I was switching between some screens and/or apps rather rapidly (read impatiently, my fault) when it happened. It certainly hasn't been a big problem, as opposed to my 3 iPhones, which would re-boot themselves 2 or 3 times a week just sitting there.

 

Every time my Eris boots (for whatever reason), I see the 3 Androids on skates. I don't think I'm holding down another button, but I'll check myself the next time I have to boot the phone. Since that last OTA update, I have to remember to re-boot it every couple of days or so. No more pulling the battery out once ot twice a day to unfreeze the phone. In fact, I just re-started it as I'm typing this because it's been 8 days since the last re-boot.

 

Fun stuff...

 

Geri O


 

Wow. Well I *now* really can't say if that's normal behavior or not, now I'm curious to know if most Eris users experience this...

 


Come on, Eris owners, how "aboot" it? (Sorry...)
Geri O

 

 

0 Likes