2 lines with 10 GB data for $110 is false advertisement
kthomp7564
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like an example of how this works. I was told I could not use my current phones and sign up for this "special offer"; instead I would have to purchase new phones through the edge plan, the cost of which, when added to the monthly bill, cancel out the "discount". Thus, you wind up paying $160 per month. My last phone runs out of contract next week, you better believe I will be shopping around!!!!

Labels (1)
Re: 2 lines with 10 GB data for $110 is false advertisement
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kthomp7564, We surely don't want to lose you! Our Edge Progam is designed to offer new phones for a monthly payment over 24 months and the option to upgrade flexibilty: http://vz.to/1mYDhk7. While your total cost including the cost of the new phones could vary (based on the amount of the Edge Payment Agreement), the 10GB plan with 2 Edge Smartphone lines would be $110 per month.

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

Good luck at&t is the same pricing or higher.

Simple 10 GB is $80. 2 smartphones OFF CONTRACT are $30. $15 each for line fees. That equals $110. You don't HAVE to buy new phones. When your contracts are up just log in My Verizon got to change Featues and activate the Month2Month discount. now if you take a discounted upgrade then yes you lose the Month2Month discount. If you upgrade using Edge you get the Edge discount instead which is the same amount, butyes you have to pay for the phones in addition to paying than $110. Of course you could always pay full price for your new phones upfront.

tmob_user

could you explain how to qualify for Month2Month discount?  I have verizon now, my main line has been Month 2 Month for almost 3 years now ( I can't use a discount upgrade or Verizon will Take away my unlimited data!) I don't see this month to month on my plan? or is that Month2Month for tiered price plans only?

0 Likes
gurase
Contributor - Level 2

You can only get the month to month discount if you're on the More Everything plan.

treehugger3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I completely agree - it is false advertisement.  I contacted Customer Service to ask about the deal. I was told a line would have to be a new Edge agreement.  We were eligible to update a line, so we did.  I contacted Customer Service again and was told it had to be both lines.  Why I wasn't told that initially, I don't know.  It would be helpful if their agents gave out the same information and made sure it was accurate.  So, now we are in a new contract and have the same monthly payment.  Ridiculous ...