2 droid DNA's service comes and goes on one
nbargolf

We have 2 droid DNA's and where we are on my phone the service comes and goes drops to no service most of the time. The other phone changes from 1x to 3x but doesn't drop service. I have reloaded my phone several times and entered *228 to get the local towers nothing seems to change it. Any opinions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 2 droid DNA's service comes and goes on one
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mcharette5470 Wow, that has to be extremely annoying to have a phone that you can't talk on! I have reviewed the known issues with the DNA after the update and so far a master reset has resolved the multiple issues that users are having with this device. I would recommend a backup and reset to get your device back working again. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi nbargolf,

We would love to help out today. Having the best service possible is definitely important. When it comes to *228 programming, this task is unfortunately not applicable for 4G devices. To complete *228 on a 4G device you'll need to simply remove/reinsert your SIM Card. Do you mind sharing what zip code these issues develop in? How long has this occured? We're here for you.

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
mcharette5470

Same issue with mine in Bristol, CT!  Never had the issue until Sense 5 update.  Does your text messaging malfunction as well?  Mine is SO SLOW! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want your device to be functional mcharette5470! My utmost apologies for the issues at hand. Are calls & data session also effected by this recent update? What exactly occurs with your messaging? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
mcharette5470

Yes, when the service drops everything is affected.  I have to restart my phone to get service back.  However my messages sometimes fail, and they take a long time to send.  The messages app also takes a long time to load, 10 seconds can go by before the screen comes through.  I don't even want to use my phone anymore.  I have tried all resets, and its all an epic failure

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mcharette5470 Wow, that has to be extremely annoying to have a phone that you can't talk on! I have reviewed the known issues with the DNA after the update and so far a master reset has resolved the multiple issues that users are having with this device. I would recommend a backup and reset to get your device back working again. 

0 Likes
mcharette5470

It fixed the dropped service for now, however my texts continue to fail sometimes, very delayed, or send/received in the wrong order.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the reply and the additional info mcharette5470. Your patience is very much appreciated. Now let's turn our attention to the text messaging. May I ask are you experiencing this issue with every number that you text or is it a specific number? Also, how much available device memory do you have? Just for my piece of mind, may I have you share the Android and software version that you have installed so I can confirm that it is the most current?

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

warren__
Enthusiast - Level 1

my droid DNA is having that SIM card error again!! In fact Im having it right now. It goes on 4 to 5 times a day. I've tried everything problem still not fixed how can I go about getting a replacement phone from Verizon . My phone is only a year old . HELP me please

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Warren!!,

I can see how this can be upsetting. I want to make sure that you have a great working phone. Is there any kind of physical or liquid damage to the device? When did this problem start happening? How long have you had the device for? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes