2.0.1 Update Breaks Exchange?
mtvoelke

My company uses some Exchange ActiveSync settings that are not currently supported by the Droid.  However, I've always been able to access my corporate Exchange calendar and contacts using my Droid *when I'm using wifi* on the corporate wireless network.  This morning I got the 2.0.1 OTA software update....and it no longer works.  I just get a "Sync failed" message.  I tried removing the account and recreating it and I can't even complete the setup...after entering my exchange server and login information I just get:

Setup could not finish

This Exchange ActiveSync server requires security features your phone does not support.

Anyone else having this problem?  Is there a way to revert to the old firmware?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 2.0.1 Update Breaks Exchange?
brittj

I am also having this problem and I have not been able to find any solutions on the web.  I know you can workaround this with third party apps such as TouchDown, but I'd much prefer the android support that was there prior to my upgrade this morning.

0 Likes
mtvoelke

Having dug around a bit, it seems a lot of folks are experiencing this problem after the 2.0.1 update.  I've opened a bug here:

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=5337

If you're experiencing this problem I suggest that you star the bug to vote for it.

0 Likes
mtvoelke

While I'm at it, the root problem here appears to be spotty or nonexistant support for some Exchange ActiveSync policies in Android.  There seem to be real momentum behind efforts to get policy support done properly, and word around the IT watercooler is that Verizon has asked for it to be prioritized.  If you want to help get this prioritized, go here and star the bug:

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=4475

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

mtvoelke wrote:

My company uses some Exchange ActiveSync settings that are not currently supported by the Droid.  However, I've always been able to access my corporate Exchange calendar and contacts using my Droid *when I'm using wifi* on the corporate wireless network.  This morning I got the 2.0.1 OTA software update....and it no longer works.  I just get a "Sync failed" message.  I tried removing the account and recreating it and I can't even complete the setup...after entering my exchange server and login information I just get:

Setup could not finish

This Exchange ActiveSync server requires security features your phone does not support.

Anyone else having this problem?  Is there a way to revert to the old firmware?

i know that this type of problem is more problematic than say a constant force close or no widget on your home screen, however, on another forum a lot of the problems created after the update was usually solved by a re-boot or factory reset.  have you tried these yet?

0 Likes
mtvoelke

I did try rebooting....no dice.

0 Likes