I created a ringtone notification using RINGDROID application.
1. Sync song you want as ringtone to your phone
2. Download Ringdroind from the Market on ur phone
3. Select the portion of the song u want for ur ringtone. (i suggest u make it 30-33 seconds)
4. Save ringtone as a Notification.
5. go into the MESSAGE application on ur phone and scroll down to NOTIFICATIONS.
6. Place a check mark by "Display message notifications in status bar"
7. Go to the "Select Sound" section
8. Select the notification ringer you made.
NOTE: if u use a ringtone/text message tone shuffler , I have ShuffleTone, you may want to make a silent notifcation ringer so that you can still see ur text message in the notification bar, but you wont hear 2 ringtones.
When i went to ringdroid one of the options is "create new" I just recorded silence and then I saved it as a notification alert.