Highlighted

Very stupid question

ivorycruncher
Novice

I'm sure this is a very stupid question, but it's one I've never gotten crystal clear verification on.  I know the data plan is "unlimited" up to 5GB, but what I want to know is does data use airtime minutes from the voice plan?  I'm almost positive it doesn't (it would be stupid if it does), and that the voice minutes are only counted for voice calls, but I'd feel better if somebody could confirm that for me.

I almost feel embarrassed asking this, because as a tech geek I should know it already, but the Eris will be my first true smartphone, and I'm new to Verizon.  And we all know how clear Verizon's fine print is on the technical details of their plans.  :smileywink:

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Very stupid question

Jagger-VzW
Novice

Once upon a time on our America's Choice Calling Plans Data was billed in MOUs (Minutes of Use)  With our Nationwide Calling Plans Data is billed as Data and rounded-up to the nearest MB for PAYG or according to the Data Plan you chose.  Former Alltel customers who convert to VZW Calling Plans will not see their MOUs hit for any data either.

0 Likes

solar3

the Droid is my first smart phone too, and i'm also a geek for a living.  :smileyhappy:  As far as I know, the data plan is completely separate as far as how its charged. Your time using the browser or web enabled apps should not use any talk time.

0 Likes

sroach23

no, only phone numbers dialed use minutes.

0 Likes

Jagger-VzW
Novice

Once upon a time on our America's Choice Calling Plans Data was billed in MOUs (Minutes of Use)  With our Nationwide Calling Plans Data is billed as Data and rounded-up to the nearest MB for PAYG or according to the Data Plan you chose.  Former Alltel customers who convert to VZW Calling Plans will not see their MOUs hit for any data either.

0 Likes

solar3

Thanks for the claification . Its good to see some VZ employees answering some questions in the forums.  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes