Highlighted

Driod v iPhone

Wouter

The reviews are in!

Now that Verizonwireless has the second best phone on the best network... It only makes sense to go for the best phone on the best network. Bring the iPhone to VZW next year!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Driod v iPhone

Wouter

The deal is being done!

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/09/11/06/report_apple_to_launch_verizon_iphone_in_q3_2010.html

It is only a matter of time to offer us what we want...

0 Likes

fezzik
Novice

LOL.  Frankly the iPhone would have to come a long way before I would welcome it with open arms.  I have hated every one I have ever played with. 

0 Likes

MAzing87

Wouter wrote:

The reviews are in!

Now that Verizonwireless has the second best phone on the best network... It only makes sense to go for the best phone on the best network. Bring the iPhone to VZW next year!

And just exactly what makes the Droid the second best phone again? Becuase of what reviews have said? Because there are more apps for the iPhone? Let me know please. Personally, AT&T can keep their iPhone. Droid is exactly what I've been waiting for.

0 Likes

emilynicol2

Healthy competition is better than a monopoly, right? :smileyhappy:

It's nice to see the companies creating better phones and better networks in order to compete, because that creates better phones and better networks for the users like us.

P.S. I actually owned the iPhone briefly, and may honestly prefer the Droid. Not saying one is better than the other - just different preferences for different people.

0 Likes

n0yxl

emilynicol2 wrote:

Healthy competition is better than a monopoly, right? :smileyhappy:

It's nice to see the companies creating better phones and better networks in order to compete, because that creates better phones and better networks for the users like us.

P.S. I actually owned the iPhone briefly, and may honestly prefer the Droid. Not saying one is better than the other - just different preferences for different people.

Got that right! :smileyhappy:   Playing with my new droid right now; can't believe I was patient enough to give it a full charge before diving into it, lol.  Voice search ROCKS -actually coming from an old clam; this phone is blowing me away right now... :smileyhappy:

0 Likes

supitsmike

Iphone will not be coming to VerizonWireless at all, ever, never.

Why? Because Verizon actually passed it up. And not only that, do you really think that after the 'iDon't' commercials, Apple would be with open arms to flock to the second best wireless company in America?

I think not.

Regardless, the Droid is in my opinion, far superior in usage, and in Apps. There are about a billion different variations of "Flashlight" in the app store. All which do the same thing.

The Droid/Android platform is Open Source, which allows you to freely do whatever you like with the phone. it allows complete freedom.

For example, doyou know the steps it takes to actually get a ringtone on the Iphone? You need to go through Itunes, do this that and the third, send it to your iphone and then attach it to a person/default tune.

You know what you need to do for Android OS's? Download Ringroid, and you can create ringtones as long as you like them, all through your phone.

Seriously.

0 Likes

Wouter

The deal is being done!

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/09/11/06/report_apple_to_launch_verizon_iphone_in_q3_2010.html

It is only a matter of time to offer us what we want...

0 Likes

ivorycruncher
Novice

Wow, so they are finally getting the iPhone, except that it's a crippled version with a micro-sized 2.8" screen?  Wow, that's intelligent.  I don't think I'd want a touchscreen phone with anything smaller than the 3.2" screen, like my en-route Droid Eris.  It's already a notch down from the 3.5" screen on my iPod Touch.  And besides, it's still going to be the same closed, restrictive platform.  No thanks.

0 Likes

basspro
Novice

"Why? Because Verizon actually passed it up. And not only that, do you really think that after the 'iDon't' commercials, Apple would be with open arms to flock to the second best wireless company in America?"

And who is the best?

0 Likes

supitsmike

Had Apple thought AT&T wasn't up to their standards or the best, then they wouldn't have gone with them.

And, this isn't a discussion on what I think or feel about networks. It's about the Iphone (lulz) being on the VZW network.

Which we all know will be abysmal.

0 Likes