whats wrong with advanced task killer?
BigRob

some people are saying that there is something wrong with task killer i have it as an app. in my doid.

is task killer the reason why my droid keeps crashing?

0 Likes
Re: whats wrong with advanced task killer?
EricSeipel

For better or worse, Android apps have been designed to be interdependant... ex a resturant app may use google maps to pull a map of the resturant you just searched for, if you kill google maps and the resturant app dosent know that it could get confused, maybe crash maybe cause a memory leak etc.  Android 2.0 atleast is supposed to have a good garbage collector, and each app lives in its own world per-se, so its not affected by other apps (on cant mess with the others live data).    Thats just what i know... i look foreward to some one with more insight.

So no a task killer isn't bad if a program gets a little locked up, but don't use it to manage closing all of your apps, let android worry about its environment.

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

Don't use task killers to "delete all" running tasks. Use it only when you need to kill off a rogue application. Also, only install 1-2 apps at a time and monitor performance and stability. If your phone starts to run like crap, uninstall the last few apps you installed. Not all apps are created equal!

0 Likes
BigRob

theres another app called spare parts that i also got.

supposedly it moniters your batery usage what do you think? let me kno.

thanxs for your feedback

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

Spare Parts was made by the android team in some fashion. Learn it and use every part of it.

The main part to use is "Partial wake usage". The android system should be on top for the most part.

0 Likes