Re: "Free" apps that are not free - recourse?
foggybottomboer

Thanks!!!

0 Likes
zsalesrep

@ FDack

It seems the charges you are incurring are from premium text messaging and not an app you download.  What I suggest is to go to your local verizon store and have the sales rep bring it up your last bill.  That would be a solution for a situation like this.

0 Likes
zsalesrep

@FDack

Just read the rest of this post.  This premium text message that you received is not an application.  Somebody used your phone and dialed a 5 digit number for something they saw on tv.  What the small print at the bottom of the tv says is that it costs 9.99 for the price of the service.  Most people don't realize this.  What I suggest you do, once again, is go to the your local verizon wireless store and have preium text messaging blocked on the account.  Also, you're going to want to text STOP to the 5 digit number on the premium text message that was sent to you.  This should aleviate the situation.

Sincerely,

0 Likes
zsalesrep

You can go to your local verizon store and have them block them for you if you're not comfortable online.

Sincerely,

0 Likes
FDAck
@zsalesrep - thanks. I blocked the premium messages right after I saw the first charge. My next bill should be available within the week. I expect it to be 9.99 less than the August bill.
0 Likes