lg ally: unable to get sound when receiving a text message
angels35

help...when i receive a text message i'm unable to get the sound but with phone calls i'm able to get the sound?!  i got the phone this past saturday and when i receieved incoming  texts i was getting the sound.....but i downloaded new tones and when i set my new tone to my notifications i'm not able to hear the sound....so i when i went back to see if it was the tone i downloaded and set the text message notifications to a sound that came with the phone i was still unable to hear the sound?!  HELP!!!!

0 Likes
Re: lg ally: unable to get sound when receiving a text message
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

I have to use an app to set a ringtone for text messages.It might be the same for you.I've used the app called Ringo Lite.

0 Likes
boat110

I had the same problem. It appears it is a software issue and we will have to wait for an update. In the mean time, someone on here suggested that you turn the phone off and back on again whenever this happens and it will fix it for a while. Has worked for me so far.

0 Likes
angels35

thank you both (TheGreatOne & boat110) for your suggestions!!!  i will try both and hopefully they work!!! 

0 Likes
wgbeatty

I can confirm that the Ally will randomly drop the notification tone from sounding. Had it happen today. Restarted the phone, and it worked again.

Warren

0 Likes
caitlynlove20

I was having the same problem, too. I hope that issue gets fixed soon. I did turn off my phone and turn it back on and it started working again.

0 Likes