latest mandatory update problems
jptasi2
I just completed the mandatory update and it is not useful at all. The little house button on the bottom of the screen is no longer active. The locking screen security does not acitvate when you hit the button on top of the phone. You no longer have quick access to the camera by holding down the side button. There is also a new permanent on screen button that has the phone attached and since the screen doesn't lock it activates&dials. How can undo this update?
0 Likes
Re: latest mandatory update problems
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
There's no way to undo an update, you may have to do a factory data reset. Unfortunately, this will clear everything off your phone and you will have to set it back up again. If that doesn't work, you may have to call Verizon and try to get a replacement.
0 Likes
OldPilot
Contributor - Level 1

I downloaded and installed the 2.2 update manually as I grew tired of waiting for Verizon and I need my Bluetooth voice dialing. All the functions you're having trouble with are fine on my Droid. The screen lock, camera button,and all other buttons are fine. The small opaque bar at the bottom REPLACES your "house" button -- it's located on the app screen at that bottom. I'd suggest rebooting a couple of times. My phone doesn't self-activate and dial, but I don't keep it loose in my pocket, pressed against me or some object -- THAT might be the culprit.

*** Sometimes it really IS Operator Error ***

0 Likes
shersher
Enthusiast - Level 2
Did the update yesterday & have not had any of these issues.
0 Likes
daniward

I am still hitting install later on the latest update - I wonder if Verizon fixed any reported problems and if I update now will I avoid them?

0 Likes
Maxmojo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am doing the same thing every time i pick up my phone ( 4th HTC Droid Incredible)

I have had tethering since the first one!

Tethering being hooked up to a charger at home 70% of the time so it will make it through an 8 hour shift!

Time on today 2h 49m 44s

Time without a signal 43%!

( I use a verizon mobile work phone at a place that has our own repeaters and use the Incredible only on breaks or lunch - usually messaging only)

98dbm-103dbm at home and never under 85dbm in Mt Vernon, Illinois area!

How did this brain frying phone ever pass testing? Tested at 1.4mw/g my **bleep**! (by the way-1.6 is the FCC limit)

I would say HTC and Verizon technicians where able to get passing numbers by limiting output power, duty cycles and antenna gain. If it cycles at 50% then you have very poor communication ( lost voice, 3g - no 3g, etc.)  

Battery already sucks and from what i am hearing the phone will be useless if i allow and update to 2.2.

I don't want forced programs I will never use.

I do not want to lose my mail.

Don't want to lose apps.

Don't want to lose contacts.

The partial FLASH update is for ADVERTISING and I pay for the extra bandwidth use in the future?

Starting to NOT love this phone I am stuck with.

0 Likes